US$178
US$159
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$193
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$271/night.

US$158
US$151
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotel Avenida Palace(Lisbon)
US$276
US$268
Priceline
All reviewscampo pequenoupper roomsroom was cleancost benefitmetro stationbull ringcity centrewifi is freenice staytwo nightshotel is locatedvisiting lisbonlovely hotelairporttaxibullringcitytrip
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well situated not far from Campo Pequeno metro. Campo Pequeno is a bull ring. Very elegant building with several restaurants. We had trouble working our shower, which was rather primitive and not very powerful. The oddest thing was breakfast. The food was fine, but staff appeared unable to keep up with the demand for crockery - people ended up eating cereal from cups. Periodically a member of staff would appear with a few warm plates or dishes to be pounced on. It seems a simple thing to cure...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We had six rooms here over the weekend. The rooms are a decent size with smallish, but usable, bathrooms. There is a mini bar in each room but, my personal bugbear, the contents rarely match the list of what is supposed to be in there. That always leads me to think that they will charge for something that wasn't there in the first place. Sure enough, when I came to check out, their tally of what I'd had differed from mine (which I know was 100% accurate).

The wifi is free. It works reasonably well. The safe in the room is not, however, free, which is a bit mean for a hotel of this standing. I rather suspect the safes were installed in an earlier period and, as they involve individual keys, it would not be easy to make the facility free without keys getting lost etc. I would suggest the hotel swaps them out with modern, electronic safes. It would certainly keep the customer happy. Of the six rooms that we had, only one of us opted to pay the €2 euro nightly fee.

The hotel is not central but it is quite easy to get to, being near to the old bullring - Campo Pequena. You can either drop off on the hop-on-hop-off tour bus (red line) or use the metro. €1.45 will take you down to the old town in about 10 minutes.

Near to the hotel we found a fair number of good restaurants so we didn't have to travel far to eat well, and cheaply.

Breakfast at the hotel is good. Typical continental fare but plenty of everything, so you won't go hungry. They never check who is eating breakfast though, so how they know who has pre-paid or not is anybody's business.

The hotel has a small bar in the lobby. The prices are very reasonable, such as €2.80 for a glass of wine. My only gripe about the bar? Well, I'm no weights and measures expert but the 400ml glass of beer, in my view, was most certainly not 400ml. We had 400ml glasses elsewhere and they were much bigger than these at the hotel. I rather suspect the unmarked glasses we were given in the hotel were 330ml. I don't suggest they were trying to con us, rather the barman didn't know any better.

There is a burger place and a pizza place just outside the hotel and also a cashpoint.

Some have commented about the proximity to the flight path into Lisbon airport. Let me reassure you it is not a problem. If you see a plane through your bedroom window, you might just hear it. Otherwise, you wouldn't know it was there. And, there are no night flights to worry about, either.

All in all, we felt this hotel was a good choice and would not hesitate to use it again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kenc
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Our hotel room on 2nd floor was clean, modern and comfortable but some of the upper rooms are very noisy due to proximity to airport. If travelling to Lisbon again I would chose a hotel closer to town as the area is quiet at night time and not much in way of restaurants, yet we didn't feel like going very far to eat.

Room Tip: ask for a room out of the flight path - lower rooms on city side are probably a better bet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Like other reviewers, we had trouble finding this hotel but once you know how it's easy. Get off the Metro at Campo Pequeno and follow the signs from the platform to Campo Pequeno. A longish "corridor" then go up the stairs onto the street (not into the commercio). At the top of the stairs go straight ahead, looking across the wide road on your left for the building with Tupperware on the top! There are lights here for crossing the wide road. Having crossed the road go straight down the pedestrianised road. At the bottom, where there is a bakers/patisserie, cross at the lights. Go straight on. There is a coloured building on the left hand corner, next is the Holiday Inn. As you walk down this short road the word Barcelona on top of the hotel will come into view in front of you as the road bends left.
We found this hotel good for using the Metro. We bought a card at the airport. The wifi is free and works well. We had a triple room with 3 beds. Breakfast good and plentiful. Reception staff helpful and pleasant.
There is a bar in Reception but a member of staff has to be fetched to serve you. No tea/coffee making facilities in room. These are the reasons for the 4 rating.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights here in March and then another four nights in April. I would not have returned in April but I had a nonrefundable reservation. The hotel is really more like a pension as far as the quality of the beds, pillows, and sheets, the rooms are clean and nice but not what you would expect from a four-star hotel. The mattresses are uncomfortable the pillows are what you would expect from an airplane. I had holes in the towels that were threadbare and holes in the sheets. There was not one available plug to plug in a phone to charge it without unplugging a lamp or something. The air conditioning did not work and had to be repaired and the shower door leaked all over the bathroom which it flooded. The hotel lobby was nice enough and the people were very friendly and helpful. They just need to up their game in the rooms.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family