Good To Know:
- Arrive at opening (9:30 AM) to skip the crowd
- Take an Uber there (€27 from downtown Lisbon)
- Take a TukTuk back (€5 per person), then an Uber from the bottom of the hill. Uber cannot get back to you when you’re up there unless you want to wait 25-35 minutes.
- The map has a QR code to a free guided tour (tour guide not required but could be beneficial)
- Bring your own food and drink in a backpack
- Bathrooms are at the shop on the ground floor level at the Castle and at the entrance gate
- Pick up a free map from the gift shop
- If you can walk uphill for 5-10 minutes, don’t take the bus. It’s a long line for the bus.
- If afraid of heights, don’t visit the castle wall. There are tight spaces with no hand railing.
- Beautiful palace
- Neat history
- Good day trip
- Beautiful views
- Lots of people from mid-morning and beyond
- Uphill walking can be a con if you’re not ready for it
- Bring a light sweater (a bit cold on the outside wall of the castle)
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.