2,501 results
All reviews shopping centre uva restaurant lighting system rooftop bar design hotel waterfall shower old town light switches style over substance happy hour central location infinity pool top floor upgraded to a junior suite breakfast was excellent within easy walking distance mini bar
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

From the time of us checked in till we checked out, every thing was great at the vine,specially the staff are so helpful, food at the roof top and bar was amazing, with great cocktails, definitely coming back again, keep up team The Vine

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2018

The location was excellent and the view from the roof top was wonderful. We did find the hi tech in the rooms a little confusing! The hotel enterance which is in the shopping centre was very dark when we left as we had an early morning flight - infact the taxi Ddriver said he could not see either

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Funchal but this the first I would return to. Very modern and quirky. I like a hotel that doesn’t conform. There was a beautiful bath in the room. A wet shower room with a waterfall type of shower. The lightning system takes a bit of working out but is very atmospheric. There are electric blinds. Plenty of English language stations on tv. A lot of European hotels don’t have this.
I loved the rooftop infinity pool and bar. Service was excellent from reception to concierge. Breakfast was perfect. Even the toaster worked well. Although there was a hot buffet you could order anything you wanted from the kitchen. It’s located one street away from the Main Street in a shopping mall.
It doesn’t have the location of some of the bigger hotels overlooking the sea, but it’s a small boutique hotel in the centre of town and I was happy with that.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Just back from a week in Madeira. Lovely Island, friendly people and great motor biking too.
Stayed at The Vine. As people have said above a Shopping Centre/Mall with two easy lifts to Reception/Breakfast Room, Rooms and Terrace Bar, Pool and Restaurant.

A bit design before function and a little dark for some, but the staff are excellent, the facilities very good indeed and it is Perfectly situated to stroll around the City.
Breakfast was very good and we ate in the Uva Restaurant twice. The Wine waiter matched wine to our meals perfectly.

Lots to do on the Island, we hired a motorbike, took a sightseeing tour, went up the mountain and down in the wicker etc etc.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skiondown
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Having never been to Madeira before,I wasnt sure what to expect,I need not have worried.Whilst this hotel is above a shopping centre,the service it provides is Superb.
Upon arrival,I was greeted by a Friendly Receptionist,who,once I had checked in,gave me a show round,so to see what the Hotel offered.
I was on Half Board so I enjoyed the food offered,at both Breakfast and Evening Meal,was superb,with little extras offered as well.
I will certainly return to this Hotel at a future date.

• Trip type: Travelled solo