From the minute of arrival, the friendly welcome and attention to customer service was first class. This continued from each and every staff member regardless through out the entire week we were there. We felt almost as if among friends rather than a paying guest in a hotel. The whole atmosphere and ambiance in the hotel is peaceful, relaxed and welcoming. We had a standard room with a balcony and a fantastic view over the beautiful gardens, only slightly marred by a rather ugly looking hotel only just visible through the trees. Breakfast was beautifully prepared and presented with plenty of choice for all. We ate dinner in the hotel for a couple of nights and the quality of menu and flavours quite lovely. The hotel is nicely situated away from the more built up "hotel district" so retains a real character. It is a walk of around 15 minutes to the town and is uphill on the way back so after a long day out could be a little wearing but the taxis from the town are cheap and the hotel does run a courtesy bus during the day. I would say the location may not be suited to those with mobility issues. We loved our stay so much that we will definitely be back and really would hate to spoil the experience with any negative comment but were we forced to make such a comment, it would be that the beds were a little too hard for our tastes. But that said, we did not mention it to the staff and I feel sure with their high standards of sincere customer care they would have endeavoured in some way to put this to rights. If you are looking for a place to feel special and sincerely cared for (not the "have a nice day" type of customer service) with brilliant rooms, grounds and facilities, then look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full Spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal, Madeira
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal