My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel for a week to celebrate my 2nd 25th!! We would definately return to this hotel again. It is a smaller hotel than others in the area, but conveniently situated away from the main town hotels which we prefered. The room was bright and airy with a lovely sea view and a balcony which was great for the afternoon sun. The whole of Madeira island is very hilly and the walk into Funchal town wasn't a five minute stroll. However, the hotel do offer a free mini-bus service which we took advantage of during our stay, and we found this to be brilliant. The staff are polite and friendly and to my surprise even made me a birthday cake which was gorgeous. The only slight negative of this hotel would be the cosmetic side i.e. cracked, plaster falling off on balcony etc which I am sure would be a constant repair job due to the weather conditions. The towels like many in other hotels had also seen better days. These are however very minor criticisms on what is a lovely clean hotel with very pleasant staff. If like us you prefer a smaller hotel that offers a more personal touch it is well worth the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal