US$215
  • Pool
Albergaria Catedral(Funchal)(Great Value!)
US$65
2,379 results
All reviewsmed restaurantil basilicoorchid gardenatlantida restaurantsea viewhotel complexbuffet restaurantlovely hotelhappy hourcourtesy bushalf boardsister hotelhalf priceindoor pooltime sharesparkling winegardens are beautiful
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I can honestly say that the Porto Mare is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in. I cannot fault it in any way. We have just returned after a weeks stay and if I had the chance I would be on the next plane back. We will definately go back. Not only is the hotel excellent in all ways, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the food is fantastic, rooms are large and clean with beautiful views over looking the exquisite gardens. I would highly recommend this hotel to every person who wants a relaxing holiday in a wonderful setting. 10 out of 10. Aly and Nick from Reading.

2  Thank alycat41
antoniopais, General Manager at Porto Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

Thank you for your “ simply the best” comment, posted on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that we are able to contribute positively to a relaxed and enjoyable stay.

Also let you know that if you wish to come soon we still have some rooms available, so don´t waste your time!

Hope to see you in a near future,

Reviewed 26 February 2011

This hotel is part of the Vila Porto Mar resort and includes the Eden Mar hotel and The Portomare Residence, so it was larger than anticipated. However, this added to the spacial feel of the pool area and gardens in particular. The whole design has been carefully thought out and has a luxurious, elegant atmosphere. The room allocated to us had an extremely large balcony and a perfect sea view; we may have just been lucky, but it seems that most of the rooms face the coast.
Breakfast was buffet style and plentiful, probably the best we have had barring buffet breakfasts on cruises. The staff were friendly and courteous. We aim to stay here again if visiting Madeira.

1  Thank Vivien97

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your comments that I will certainly share with my team.

Due to the generous areas of the different rooms, facilities and gardens, Vila Porto Mare can be a resort that suits different holiday makers in different periods of the year. We are glad to learn that you have had a nice holiday with us and profited from our services.

Hope to see you in a near future,

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Our 2nd visit, this time we returned for my 50th Birthday. I'm pleased to say the Hotel has maintained it's high standards. The room, hotel and grounds are immaculate and the staff were 1st class (with the exception of 1 barman who really needs to go to charm school). There was a bottle of champagne waiting in my room on my birthday which was very thoughtfull.

I have friends who are going to the Porto Mare on my reccomendation now and I wouldn't hessitate to reccomend it to anyone else. Just one tiny niggle they are very mean on the tea's and coffees in the rooms, quite why I cannot understand.

1  Thank Duffnutt09

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for the comments about your stay at Porto Mare hotel.
I have taken good note of your thoughts and give proper attention to it.

Also take the opportunity to thank you for the recommendation of our hotel to friends and hope to have you back for the 51st Birthday!

Reviewed 15 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the 7th Feb- 14th Feb 2011 as a couple and booked as a package through Thomas Cook.

Porto Mare Resort was an excellent choice for accomdation, The pools, grounds, rooms, restaurants and reception were spotless and very modern.

Rooms were spacious and the beds were so comfy had excellent sleeps every night, We were in room 2223 which had a pool and sea View which was lovely.

The hotel has 2 indoor pools heated, 3 outdoor pools and one jacuzzi. In the winter they are open from 10-6 summer 10-8.

I visited the spa are for a treatment very nice and lovely.

The Porto Mare runs a courtesy bus down into Funchal which was around every hour or if you walked it took us around 40 minutes.

Restaurants- We were half board basis for the week. There is 4 restaurants to choose from, The Buffet, Il Basicilo, Alfama or the Med Restaurant. All 3 are a la carte and when you are half board you can spend 17 Euros each per night towards your meal or the Buffet you can eat as much as you want.
We choose to eat at the a la carte restaurants every night. The Med restaurant was our favourite some fab dishes on the menu.

All the staff around the resort were friendly and polite.

Overall we had a really nice holiday and i would recommend the Porto Mare to other people.

4  Thank thrahtobe
antoniopais, General Manager at Porto Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your comments and nice pictures of Porto Mare hotel.
I am glad to see that you took profit of our gastronomies options and even happier to see that you have enjoyed all of them.

Muito obrigado and hope to see you soon,

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2011

We have just spent two weeks at the Porto Mare and,as always,enjoyed every minute.The extra discount for Prestige Members was very welcome,so much so that we ate in the hotel on five nights and the standard of cooking and presentation was excellent.
We received the usual friendly service from bar staff,cleaners and everyone else.
The only small complaint was that the entertainment was bit repetative. The performers need to have a two week programme as mostly the second week was a repeat of the first week. Also,please forget the the Karaoke and Bingo !!!!!

1  Thank Alanxx
antoniopais, General Manager at Porto Mare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2011

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your opinion about t Porto Mare hotel. I am happy to know that you have enjoyed it once again.

I have taken good note of your thoughts about the entertainment program and promise good attention to it in order to meet the majority of our guests expectations.

Once again “Muito Obrigado” and see you soon.

Best regards,