US$129
US$127
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Star Inn Porto(Porto)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Breakfast included
US$105
US$97
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$76
US$71
Agoda.com
All reviewstop flooraliados metro stationgreat locationstar hotelhamhelpful reception staffthe rivercoffee and juiceideal hotelselection of breadscontinental breakfastsmall hotelbest featurewalking distancecity hotelthe main squareminute walk
Reviewed 10 May 2011

This is a standard traditional city centre hotel but perfectly fine for a short stay. Furnishings in the bedroom were old and traditional wood (nicer than normal hotel stuff) but very well maintained and clean. Mattressess was firm and bedlinen crisp and of good quality. Public areas were pleasant with some thoughtful additions like books and magazines. Lift and double glazing all upgraded recently (the double glazing is good for shutting out the noise of traffic). Bathroom was a bit tired and the shower did not work too well despite the new shower head (not enough water pressure). Breakfast was adequate - tinned fruit, yoghurt, cereals, bread, ham and cheese). The best two things were the location (near two metros on one of the main city squares), and the staff who were all (reception, cleaners and breakfast room) particulary friendly and kind. Fair value for money, would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Stayed here for two nights recently whilst visiting the city of Porto. Rooms were clean and functional, breakfast served on the roof terrace is of a continental selection plus cereals and perfect to start a day of sightseeing, located near Aliados Metro station with Trindade station (with direct trams to Campanha railway station and the airport) a 2 minute walk away. My room overlooked a back yard, but this did not bother me as there was a shutter to block this view, plus I was only using the room for sleeping in and it was nice and quiet. The staff working on the reception desk spoke excellent English and were happy to advise on what to do and where to eat and drink in the evening.

Overall, for the price I found this to be a very good hotel and recommend it if you're travelling solo or just need somewhere to put your head down in the evening.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank APRoberts
Reviewed 26 September 2010

When we arrived i was hoping for a nice stay at our last hotel, with hopefully reasonably soft bed's. After all it is a 3 star hotel. Boy was i depresed when i enterend the room. I was readdy to go back home again. I didn't feel like staying here for 3 nights!!! But we decided to make the best of our stay and spend all of our time without sleeping outside the hotel.
We stayed in 404. I think it used to be a storageroom. We just had enough space to walk next to the bed, that's it. The bathroom was clean, and again verry small!! there was never a nice fresh smell in the room/bathroom.Not realy a bad smell but just not fresh or cleaned although i'm shure the cleaning lady did a good job and was friendly. The view was terrible!!! (see the photo's), we had no natural light at all!!!
breakfest was good, good coffee, bread, cheese and ham. That was the best thing of our stay. I must say that i don't believe this hotel deserves 3stars!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ElsVanVeldhoven
Reviewed 19 September 2010

my partner and i stayed here in sep '10 and we were surprised at the size of our room - (601 ) 1 large balcony overlooking fabulous town square another small one overlooking street ahead and a side door leading out to another balociny with table chairs and sun lounger - wow a great start!

then we saw some ants making there way into the wardrobe - called reception quickly dealt with by the friendly paulo

here are some cons :
*bed was slightly hard- suited me though ( bad back)
*television was not flat screen as stated in the hotel desciption- no big deal didnt go on hols to watch tv anyway - although on egerman channel was quite boobie during the day ( watch out if u bringing kids)
*the noised outside in the square was unbelievable . the ave do aliados is a main thouroghfare through the city and the sirens and scambling bikes was really loud at all hours of the day - we decidde that the ambulance and police only used their sirens to get through the traffic lights - there couldnt possibly be that many emergencies in porto !

the nightlife was tooo quiet for us . we not big clubbers nor are we 75 years old . there seemed to be little to no decent music at all going on anywhere- we made our way to the irish pub and were disappointed to say the least . portuguese barmaid had music on that you wouldnt hear at a funeral- very depressing- we wanted to take it over for an hour we would have had the place hopping

now for some pros
staff were great - nothing was too much problem - except a late checkout which was not possible - but there was a little living room one could sit in while checked out and had some time to kill before leaving.

i really liked the breakfast lady she was so friendly and nice and worked so hard to turn around tables and keep the food topped up . we christened her bom dia because she always greeted us with a friendly good morning !

the location of the hotel was fantastic - just up the road was metro station trindade - we went to the estadio de dragao from here for a porto home match - 25 euro for a cheap seat - great night and only 10 mins away via metro. close to the river ( ribeira ) and the shops and all buses to the beach were out on the square too ( matashinos bus will get you out to the sea life centre and the beach)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amandah81
Reviewed 2 July 2010

When selecting a hotel, my primary consideration is location-price-quality ratio. Given Vera Cruz's central location, solid quality and reasonable price [I paid <$50/night], I was very pleased with my experience.

The location is accessible (2 minutes walk from Aliados metro stop), well-lit and secure. The property is clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everyone at the front desk speaks English. My room (#704) was simply appointed, but the bath was large and the room was quiet. The bed, while comfortable, creaked a bit too much for my liking. The breakfast is continental-style (coffee, juice, bread, cheese, jam, cereal, etc.), but it is more than adequate to power you up for a day of sightseeing.

While I have certainly stayed at "nicer" hotels, there is an old adage that you get what you pay for. This is a very fine 3-star property. If you don't come expecting the amenities of a 4- or 5-star property you won't be disappointed. For the budget traveler, it is hard to complain. I would stay here again (particularly if I was watching my Euros).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business