Hotel Rali Viana(Viana do Castelo)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$66
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Hotel Laranjeira(Viana do Castelo)(Great Value!)
US$72
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Casa Melo Alvim Hotel(Viana do Castelo)
US$109
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Fabrica do Chocolate Hotel(Viana do Castelo)
US$92
US$90
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Pousada Viana do Castelo(Viana do Castelo)
US$198
US$179
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Pool
Flor de Sal Hotel(Viana do Castelo)
US$132
US$128
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

Hotel A Ponte(Viana do Castelo)(Great Value!)
US$54
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Pensao O Laranjeira(Viana do Castelo)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Breakfast included
Hotel FeelViana(Viana do Castelo)
US$275
All reviewsmodern hotelrooms are largeair conditionergreat hotelrecommend this hotelreception staffold townthe riverstacklaptoppillows
Reviewed 22 December 2017

This hotel is a dangerous place!!
I stayed there with a colleague on Wednesday night. We arrived at around 4.30pm and checked in. It was still daylight.
We had a drink in the bar which felt very gloomy, then we went to our rooms and arranged to meet before dinner at around 7.00pm. When I reached the floor I was staying on it struck me that it was quite dark in the corridor. There was a panoramic glass wall on one side and rooms on the other. The only lighting provided was in the floor, indicating room numbers. It really was quite dark. When I got to my room the key didn't work and I had to go back to reception for another. I said that I thought the lighting was inadequate. When I got back there was a light outside my room but no others.
Then I went to meet my colleague in the lobby. I walked out of the elevator and couldn't see anybody. The a voice from approximately 10 yards away called to me. Peering through the darkness I could just make out the outline of my colleague!!!!
Next we went to the bar for a drink. It was really dark other than the light from 2 TV sets which were showing football. If anything this made the rest of the area seem darker.
Anyway after a drink we went for dinner. This was buffet style and OK for people like us who aren't tourists but just on a business trip. When we finished we went outside so that my colleague could have a cigarette. The lighting outside is just strong floodlights aimed up the side of the building for effect. Otherwise there is no floor level illumination. It was too cold for me so I decided that I should go inside. I TURNED TO DO THIS AND WAS BLINDED BY ONE OF THE FLOODLIGHTS AS I STARTED TO WALK UP THE RAMP. I PLACED MY FOOT ON WHAT I THOUGHT WAS THE WALKWAY BUT IT WAS IN FACT THE STONE CHIPPINGS DRESSING THE BORDER WHERE THE LIGHTS ARE LOCATED. I LOST BALANCE AND FELL OVER HITTING THE LIGHT AND JAMMING MY ARM AND ELBOW INTO THE STONE CHIPPINGS!!! MY COLLEAGUE CAME TO MY ASSISTANCE BUT I WAS STILL BLINDED AND COULDN'T MANAGE TO HELP MYSELF FOR SOME SECONDS. IN THE END I DID GET UP TO FIND THAT MY ARM WAS BADLY CUT AND BRUISED WITH BLOOD POURING OUT FOR NUMEROUS WOUNDS CAUSED BY THE STONE CHIPPINGS GOUGING INTO MY FLESH!!
We went inside and got some First Aid bandages etc. but it was clear that wound needed a professional dressing so an ambulance was called. In the interim a manager had gone outside to adjust the light!!! I was taken to the Emergency unit of the local hospital. The wound was treated very well and we returned to the hotel by taxi. When I got out I almost tripped again on a very low and narrow kerb!!!
WHEN WE WENT IN THE MANAGER ON RECEPTION SHOWED ALMOST NO INTEREST IN HOW I WAS!!! IN FACT HE GAVE ME A BILL FROM THE AMBULANCE PEOPLE FOR €20.00!!!!! I told them to pay it when I checked out in the morning after a reasonable breakfast. I don't know if at the end of this I can give zero stars but if I can I will!!! Had I been the Manager I would have been really careful to offer as much care consideration and (maybe) compensation as possible. I can assure all readers of this that alcohol had no impact on this event.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017

one of the best hotels in this area and i was surprised to see one of the biggest rooms i have stayed with a very decent bathroom and everything was working properly except for the A/C which was set and could not change same as i tried to increase the temperature and it kept returning to the level set previously.

except from small A/C problem i do recommend this hotel and had a nice buffet dinner and breakfast and it was very well organised.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Viana do Castelo is a charming if small town, this hotel is quite a way away from the town centre. If you are prepared to drive, it is easy and there is ample free parking near the centre. Failing that there is a pleasant walk along the front.

The leisure facilities in the hotel are excellent with indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The hotel bedrooms were of a good standard, with modern decor. There is no getting around it though, the beds were hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were awful.

We were in a family room on the first floor which had no wifi signal - being at the end of the corridor - very frustrating.

Breakfast was a fair offering, if too efficient waiting staff - if you moved your plate and cutlery were cleared and it was difficult to get more cutlery!

The reception staff at check in let the hotel down as far as first impressions go. They lacked any warmth or friendliness and even came accross as condescending. A shame.
Overall though a good option if you are staying in the area and don't mind driving/ a longish walk. Bring your own pillow!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

This is a very unusual looking hotel, looking like a stack of black lego. Unfortunately it is a fair distance from the old town (30min walk).
The hotel is very modern & stylish. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. We had a room on the third floor with a view over the river area. The room is large with plenty of room. The bed is large but hard. There is free unsecured WiFi and a moderate sized flat screen TV. Unfortunately our room didn't have a fridge, although other rooms did. The air conditioner was also inefficient.
The bathroom was a good size with a seperate toilet area. There is a bath/shower with good pressure & heat.
Guests are able to use the fantastic gym and pool/spa and these were truely fantastic. Make sure you have a swim cap to wear, otherwise you have to buy one.
We had dinner & breakfast at the restaurant buffet. the food was great, especially the deserts.
The hotel was a nice place to stay, but we'd prefer to be closer to the action of the old town next time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robbyt19
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I liked very much, is a very modern hotel, has a great breakfast, the staff is very hoppeful and great. The rooms very clean and with much space.
The only thing I didn´t liked very much, it´s because the swimming pool and Spa is open ,not only, for the Hotel costumers but for out people, and it becames not privat like we want.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple