See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We spent two nights in the hotel. Honestly the shabbiest we evern been...

Let's talk about the room, to start with. It was 175cm WIDE! (measured), with linoleum flooring looking like a hospital. The window was badly mounted and was letting all the street noise coming inside.

Services... The shared toilet for ladies was downstairs, the gents one was at the floor and the shower upstairs. No surprise we didn't have a shower in 2 days and preferred to go to the toilet at McDonalds...

Breakfast wasn't so bad and at least they changed towels and cleaned the room.

Seriously guys, refurbish this place and call some smart space planner...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Francesc0_R82
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is very old and it is really in a degraded state. Found humid spots everywhere, my blanket was full of very long black hairs of one of the previous users and it even smelt very badly. Big handkerchiefs had to be asked at the reception because they would be stolen quite often?! Breakfast is quite ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank OGuarnieri
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We usually stay in hostels but was unable to find one in Brussels city center. This was the best valued accommodation we could find for our two night stay. It was £80. It was our first stop on our interrail trip and was not a good first experience. The location is excellent, from the train station there is a bus that drops you off outside it. We approached the receptionist and said hello and gave him our booking confirmation, he did not speak and handed us a key. We almost died when we seen our private double room! I could touch both walls at once and I am 5ft! It was dusty, there was rubbish all over the emergency escape outside the window, it was not big enough for one person and the sheets looked older than me. The shower was another matter altogether. It was on the next floor, had no window, was extremely small and dirty. The base of the shower quickly filled up with water until it was above my ankle and started spilling out onto the floor. Needless to say we went for the baby wipe wash until we got to Bruges, The breakfast is ok for free. There is only cold drinks and cereal. I was looking about for tea facilities and opened a door in the dining area, a staff member ran over and closed it and told me NO! The staff were unhelpful and gave us no information about the area. I would advise paying more and staying in a better hotel. We are not fussy at all but this is below basic standards of cleanliness. We usually pay £10 a night for hostels of a better standard, this would be a more realistic price per person for this hotel. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KatandSpam
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I feel some of the review have been a bit harsh. Whilst it's not the cleanest place, it's not what I would call dirty. At that price at such a good location one should not expect the best quality. Room is okish, breakfast is ok too. If you'r a solo traveller looking to spend a night at a budget, then this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: Always choose a room with a private toilet and a private bathroom
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sacrilegious1
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Took a single with private bath. Cigarette burns on all surfaces. No shower curtain. Toilet barely bolted to the floor. Bad lighting. Careless and inattentive manner from the front desk.
Not cheap enough for what you get. At €60/night, I prefer a clean room elsewhere w shared bath.

• Stayed: April 2013