See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2016

At the very beginning I have to mention two things - we wanted to get away from the crowds and actually stayed in one of the villas through AirBnB here. We were not disappointed, but I can easily imagine why people will not be happy here.

Firstly - the island is very small with one muslim village where you can only get basics things, so it's better to do your shopping on the way from the airport (there's a great Tesco). We were advised to get alcohol/soft drinks as both can be very pricey at the resort.

Secondly - do not expect luxury, even though the photos look very nice. The villas are beautiful, some of them have their own private pools and the big pool by the bar is also very nice. But the resort is still growing, they are building more villas and you are in a middle of a very poor community. We loved taking walks there, but were surprised by the surroundings a bit. Staff is helpful, but again - don't expect much attention (they come every morning around 9am and leave in the evening based on guests).

Lastly - if you're looking for a nice relaxing time on the beach, this is not the place. There was water in the sea only during AM hours, but it was not clear and there's a lot of rubbish in it. Then there's low tide which obviously is a no-go for any water activities (resorts offers kayaks, paddle boards etc.).

I would recommend staying here for 2/3 nights, if you need a tranquil place. It's perfect to relax on the porch, swim in the pool, but you'll probably get bored after 3 days.

Room Tip: Go for the villas with their own private pool.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClarkaTravels
Reviewed 8 December 2015

We spent family holiday in Thailand in feb 2015, partly on Coconut Island.
Very wild island although 5 min long tail boat to Phuket.
Very quiet and luxurious resort.
Food on demand very nice.
Staff very welcoming and helping around.
Beware you can not swim in the front sea (muddy) but staff can bring you to nearby swimable beach. However in this part of the bay the waters are unclear.
Also to be noted, the tide is bringing everyday dozens of all kinds of plastic waste, mainly water bottles/ cups.
Best is to go from coconut to nearby islands which the staff can organise for you, to spend the day on a clean beach with clear water, and come back at night to enjoy the calm and beauty of the sunset.

Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Claire c
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Recently - we were planning to stay at this resort for 10 days - .......after the first day - we realized that what we had viewed on their website was far from what is been offered . We arrived at the pier - strandard - with no one to pick us up ...15 minutes later the hotel manage arrived .
The reception from the management & staff was a hostile one - no one greets you or shows you around the " very small " resort . The " restaurant " offers a limited menu - overpriced - and poor service overall . The room was adequate but iton only one aircon -far too hot . Resort is run by a generator - and first night off for 3 - 4 hours . No service after 8 pm as all staff leave the island - and there is no shops close by . Overall - a bad experienced and will never return

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RUDI T
Reviewed 14 April 2015

We had a great experience at Jindarin Beach Villas.

I had pre-arranged with Win, the front office manager, for a taxi to take us from the airport to the pier. Sure enough, the driver was there and waiting for us as we exited the arrival area. After a short journey we walked down the pier to be greeted by a waving longtail boat driver and were whisked across the bay to Koh Maphrao where we waited for our transportation to the resort. When a vehicle arrived I asked the driver "Jindarin?", he shook his head in the affirmative so we climbed aboard and off we went across the island.......to the wrong place....the vehicle was from a different place...Oops. Once I convinced the driver from that resort that we really needed to go to Jindarin he piled our stuff in a scooter's sidecar with my wife and pointed for me to climb on behind him. We were kind of freaking out a little but were laughing and going with the flow so off we went down the road . Fortunately we only went a short way down the road when Win showed up in the vehicle for Jindarin. So, word of advice, wait for the right vehicle (Hint: it says Jindarin Beach Villas on it) unless you want to go on an adventure...then just jump in with anyone going down the road.

Once we arrived Win took great care of us with an ice cold towel and a welcome drink before escorting us to our villa. The villa was wonderful and had an incredible view of the bay. Everything was clean and in good order. Win made sure that we had all that we needed and gave us a cell phone so we could contact him at any time. The "Win-phone" as I called it was great. Any time we wanted to go back to the mainland Win would arrange for us to be taken to the pier, met by the longtail, and had a taxi waiting on the other side. Win made sure to call me each afternoon we were away from the resort to see how we were doing and arrange our return transportation.

While at the resort it was incredibly peaceful as we had only one other couple staying there at same time. The staff did everything we asked of them. We enjoyed the solitude of the area and the beauty of the village and the people that live on the island. I will admit that breakfast wasn't truly available until about 9:00 but that worked fine for us. If you are expecting to have room service and anything else your heart desires 24 hours a day you might want to stay elsewhere, but for us this place was perfect.

Did I mention Win? If not, he was great...you'll love him!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gregg K
Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

I'm writing this long Story to explain how flexible the Hotel acted on a very very short notice!
I went with my wife to Leam Hin Pier arriving at about 1800 and made a booking via Booking.com right at the pier to be picked up between 1800 and 1900. Nearly immediately I received a phone call from the Owner apologising that they received the booking very late (which were our fault) but some Staff will be already on the Way to pick us up.
He further explained to me that they haven't expected any Guests on that day and there won't be much Staff in the Hotel and the Restaurant will be closed but he also gave me other options. After this phone call the Hotel Manager called me and offered me also oportunities to dine. We have been picked up from the Pier within 15 min after booking. We were brought to the Island Koh Maprao ( 5 min transfer )we than walked down the Pier on Maprao and 2 min later a Golf car came to bring us to the Hotel. After we saw our wonderful furnished Villa with Seaview we were brought again back to the Pier and took a Boot to the floating Restaurant.
After we finished our fantastic Dinner we again got picked up with a boat, brought to the pier and again the Golf car pick up to the Hotel.
After a proper sleep the next morning ( we have been informed in advanced that the Breakfast will not start before 0830) we enjoyed our Breakfast alone with Seaview :-)
We also spend a couple more Hours at the clean pool.

Resume : very flexible and very friendly Staff, very clean and very good smelling room ( an absolute atmosphere to enjoy)
We received a very good service!

Yes, in general it is not very cheap but we enjoyed every minute and we definitely will be back one day.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple