“Délicious moment ”

Price range: US$28 - US$57
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Original food with incredible présentation in the plate. Service is friendly and attentionate. A fine cuisine "revisitée ". Far from the touristic restaurants.

3  Thank Stef59700

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is managed by lovely ladies
It offers a fair range of mezzo and fish dishes, each finely prepared and presented and no fuss.
Here in the pictures the grilled salmon teriaky with beetroot chutney, grilled seabream and lastly the octopus with sliced potatoes.

The interior is comfortable and quite small, there are tables on the side wall facing a square in front. In November the weekend of the marathon we did not need to book to be seated.

Sit down and enjoy :)

1  Thank W1844clairem
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Four food experts attending a meeting in Athens over a week-end. Be asked where we could get a good fish restaurant and we were given this address.
We enjoyed a great lunch with a very nice service of two ladies with perfect English on the small terrace across the street on a square were other restaurants do operate as well.No need to enter into details but just to say that everything that was served was nicely cooked and fresh. One of this places were you come out with a big smile in your stomach and your pocket as the relation quality/price/atmosphere is highly enjoyable but a good part of it was due to the very nice helpful attitude of the service.
Congratulations for providing such a value with a feeling of being welcomed and not exploited like it happens in to many of those small restaurants around La Placa.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank jchevasson
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Went last night and had a fantastic meal. The mezze were delicious and my fish was superb.
Service was top notch and further to the previous post they had a police officer watching their section of the square and the only street hustler to come near was soon discouraged

1  Thank HayleyWarwick
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We had 1.5 lovely meals here until my husband's phone was stolen midway through our second visit. I won't go into those details until the end of this review because I don't want to take away from the wonderful food and service we had at BlueFish.
On our first visit, we were quickly seated outside without reservations late one Sunday October afternoon. There was a slight delay after our water and menus came but that seemed to be due to some shifting of staff. We soon felt well taken care of. The setting in the square was lovely and the food some of the best we'd had in Greece. Crispy, light shrimp tempura, pear salad with thinly sliced fennel-a bit overdressed but tasty- thick juicy mussels in a light curry sauce, beet root salad. We ordered the bread basket. The bread was on the stale side but we loved the very flavorful olive oil, like the essence of olives. We were told the oil had rosemary steeping in it but, for us, it was the olive flavor that came through unexpectedly and enjoyably.
The only dessert available was a pineapple carpaccio which we somewhat skeptically ordered. It was wonderful! Piles of paper thin slices of sweet pineapple with light dashes of red pepper to give a hint of bite. We were then given small glasses of mastika - a liquor seasoned with resin..."you'll like it" ...and we did!
A highlight among our meals in Athens; hopefully we can squeeze in one more meal there.
After I wrote the above review, we returned again on our last day in Athens. It was mid-afternoon and there was one other table occupied outside. We ordered the green pear salad and tempura shrimp - two of our favorites from our previous visit - and were midway through those when a woman approached our table. We'd had a young girl at our table the last time, selling roses. Other places we'd had people begging and we tried to avoid eye contact while saying "no" to discourage them. This woman put down a piece of paper with diagrams and writing on it, and came up close to my husband muttering a stream of mixed languages. We did the no eye contact/repeated "no" and she eventually slowly walked away. My husband and I both wondered out loud what the paper had been about. Several minutes later as my husband reached for his phone he realized he'd left it on the table after looking up something. And the phone was gone. The paper had been used to cover the phone and then both were picked up. Of course by this time the woman and phone were long gone.
Our server offered to compensate us but it was our fault for leaving the phone out on the table. We could not finish our meal and quickly left to deal with the lost phone. But the grouper we'd ordered did look awesome.
I mention this primarily as a warning to keep your valuables close and don't be lulled into a false sense of security, especially when sitting outside in a public square. I was always mindful of my purse as we were walking around. But I think back on how often when eating outside, my purse was sitting on the ground next to me with my phone and wallet and sometimes my camera inside. I assumed I was being vigilant about it but, really, I was just lucky.

Date of visit: October 2018