“A stunning view of the Acropolis AND excellent, well presented food, excellent service”

Electra Roof Garden Restaurant
Ranked #180 of 2,835 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$32 - US$77
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We were not staying at the Electra Palace, but the Electra Roof Garden was highly recommended by friends. We were warmly greeted by Eva Papageorgiou the Restaurant Manager and were given a great table, although all the tables out doors are excellent. It was a perfect sunset view of the Acropolis. But more than just a great view, the food was excellent and well presented (kudos to Chef), the service excellent and not at all over priced. A memorable dinner experience that we have been recommending to those going to Athens ever since.. Highly recommend making reservations if it is for dinner.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was suggested to us by other guests who were also staying at the hotel as we visited by the pool. As a small restaurant overlooking the base of the Acropolis, the views are wonderful. When the sun goes down and the lights go on, the view turns magical. This food was very good, the service nice and prices reasonable. The Greek salad was very good. I debated on a few things on the menu and finally decided on the veal for my main course. Very good choice indeed. Dessert was a nice end to our meal. In Athens, I now can't imagine eating without this view.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

A gorgeous restaurant with amazing views. Had a simple meal of moussaka, wine & dessert. I have to say faultless, the dessert of chocolate mousse (more like a ganache) was moorish.
The only thing that let the experience down was when we arrived at the hotel, with prior reservations we felt like we were being sent away because we weren't staying in the hotel. The concierge made us feel second rate, my husband had to prove the reservation, thank goodness we had printed it......I'm not sure he'd have let us in otherwise! A member of staff in the restaurant also made us feel this way, I've visited many quality establishments before & never been made to feel a little unwelcome. My only other niggle was the overly attentive waiter, who was at our table every few minutes. We enjoyed the meal & left to find somewhere else more relaxed for coffee.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Excellent ambience, lovely friendly staff, service professional and food super. Really enjoyed it. View over the Acropolis.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The evening we spent with our friends at the Electra terrace was nice but it left me with mixed feelings. The view of the Acropolis is really great and the food is good. The athmosphere is typically hotel like, slightly old fashioned and the service, although very polite ,is - how can I describe it ?-awkward, affected ? I mean , I had the feeling they were trying too hard in a way that didn't look natural to me. Filling our glasses with water and wine after each sip, arranging and rearranging plates, I don't want to be mean but there was something in the air that will make me think twice before visiting the restaurant again. Now, if you add the fact that prices are quite high, I would say that it's the perfect choice for hotel residents too tired to venture away from the city centre. Don't forget that the hotel location is excellent for visiting Athens.

Date of visit: August 2016