“A Must-See for Car Fans!”

Hellenic Motor Museum
Ranked #28 of 345 things to do in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I took a cab to this museum which just a stone’s throw away from the Archaeological Museum.

Admission fee of €8 seems reasonable to me.

Catching Ferrari’s 70th Anniversary Exhibition at the Hellenic Motor Museum was one of the major highlights of my trip to Athens! Don’t miss it if you are in Athens! It’s definitely worth your while! There many other cars in display. I love the vintage ones!

One of my favorite museums in Athens is now the Hellenic Motor Museum! It is owned by the Theodore Charagionis Foundation and opened in March 2011.

All reviews
"admission fee"
"worth a visit"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 13 January 2018

You will find this Museum in the heart of Athens on loulianou St., near the Archaelogical Museum, and is for visitors of all age and for historical models lovers; the museum complex is in 3 floors and the history begins at 1800 till the end of last century.
to admire famous brands as Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Maserati and many other historical unique models.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I had only read a little about this before our trip to Athens, but added it to our things to do when we got there. An absolute must see for any car enthusiast A nice private collection well laid out on 3 floors, mostly American, British & Italian. Only minor complaint It would be nice to have some sort of printed gallery notes to walk around with instead of stooping down to read the floor level descriptions. Also a very cool cylindrical glass elevator wrapped by a spiral staircase. There is some very rare stuff and the closest you’ll get to a Ferrari GTO created from spare parts. The lower floor of mostly Ferrari’s and Maserati’s makes you realize there isn’t one Lamborghini in the whole display! Very close to the Archaeological Museum if a cab driver doesn’t know where to drop you off.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Great collection of cars, definitely worth visiting. Also, they have student discount for tickets which is very nice.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I decided to take some time away from the countless archology so being a big car fan I visited the car museum at 8 Euro I thought it was a little pricey compared to. The new archology museum at only 5 Euro , well I really enjoyed the cars it was a great visit , and lovely cars hower the lady told me that there is 110 cars on display but they have stored away in the building approx 200 more such a shame the building wasn’t able to display them , as I got the idea before when I research the collection that there was300 plus cars on display , I found the visiting opening times a bit strange at 10am till 2 pm I walked there from monistrati and enjoyed the walk however on leaving the museam after buying a book the lady told me , don’t walk back to monistrati asthenosphere areais really bad for mugging , robberies ? And advised I take the metro , I thought this advice was lovely , however asi wanted somthing toeat that I’d seen on my walk there I didn’t take the advice a walked back , a got my falafel wrap , but I must advice you all reading to take note of this warning just in case