“Always a pleasure ”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

On the menu, as usual, red mullets, shrimps and salad. Everything was as it should be. Fresh and tasty. The only negative is the price, as it could be cheaper.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Neighborhood is historic home of Greek naval academy . Choices are limited to a classic repertoire done to perfection. Genuine hospitality. So popoular that there can
be a wait for a table. Worth it. It's unique. And authentic. Nothing but fresh and prepared to order great seafood and simple salads .

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Margaro is a fish restaurant next to the Naval Academy in Piraeus. It serves only three things: greek salad (with the most delicious tomatoes I have ever tried), fried shrimps and koutsomouras, a kind of mullet fish. Indeed I have never eaten so tasty koutsomouras in my life! We took double portions of salad and koutsomouras and it was amazing. One can say that it is a bit pricey (we were three adults and two eight-year old kids and we paid 90 euros), but I believe it deserves it. I would definitely go again to Margaro.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Very simple and casual, you feel like visiting to your lovely grandma and having fresh fish and incredible shrimps best Greek salad with warm bread and cold beer surrounded with very friendly people and great atmosphere. It is a must in Athens for people who appreciate good food for a very good price. I know I sound like an owner promoting her restaurant but when you tried the food you will feel the same

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I visited this place because of good recommendations. My friends told me good food in a good price. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.... the fish wasn't fresh and a bad smell was coming out ... too much oil and the price was extremely high. I will never believe again recommendations... I still feel sad with the money i spent and the experience i had ...

1  Thank dimitris0677