US$190
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Casa Leone Boutique Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Alcanea Boutique Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$201
  • Breakfast included
Halepa Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$90
Porto Veneziano Hotel(Chania Town)
US$138
  • Room Service
Hotel Nostos(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Samaria Hotel(Chania Town)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Corinna Mare Suites & Studios(Kalamaki)(Great Value!)
All reviewsbreakfast roomtop floorwonderful sea viewgreek hotelsgarden viewold portmin walkrooms are spaciousobjectscrete
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Due to work schedule we didn't have much time to spend in chania. Surely you need many days for a visit to Crete cause the place is magnificent. That was our second trip to Crete and we decided to spend all in one place. We chosen the Doma as it looked nice and the reviews were quite good. Firstly is situated very close to the old town and under no circumstances did we need a transportation from our hotel. Every night we just walked our way to the old town for dinner or a bar. Every other sightseeing needs a car wherever your start may be. The hotel is on a busy road but on the second floor we stayed we never felt annoyed by the traffic. Although it doesn't have a private Parking space it's quite easy to park in nearby places not farer than twenty meters away. In general the place was quiet and safe. Its very easy to find your way to the most notorious beaches of Chania and back to your hotel by car. The room was very clean and had all the necessities for a comfortable stay during warm days. I understand that the lack of a balcony made the drying of towels little demanding but during our short vacations wasn't too fussy. For longer periods I guess that we would have asked for some kind of service on that issue. I really don't know if there is any foreseen on that problem. The breakfast was truly outstanding. Everything fresh. All from high quality local products. Everything was rich in quantities and flavor. And the view from their restaurant was a memory you wanted to take back home. We remember the staff as being kind, warm and of excellent service to us. Seems to be a family business with true interest in happy customers. The Doma may not be a luxurious 5 star hotel but it certainly is your sweet comfortable "home" anyone would like to have on vacations. I certainly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iraklis K
Reviewed 21 October 2016

If you want an anonymous "Euro room" then go and stay in a Novotel - this is not the hotel for you.
It is quirky, charming,spotlessly clean, and overseen with pride by two sisters.
The service from all the staff was exemplary - they couldn't have been more helpful.
The view from the top floor breakfast room was amazing.
Parking is available immediately outside or in adjoining roads.
The area is totally safe and an easy walk into the centre of Chania in around 15 mins stroll, passing dozens of restaurants and tavernas along the shore line.
Hotel Doma is on the same side of Chania as the airport and is an easy 20 minute drive.
May be noisier in front rooms - we had a room at the back overlooking the garden which was lovely.
If you want a convenient location with character Hotel Doma is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jameselliott
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Hotel is a family run business the ladies owners are very helpful and nice
I spent 5 lovely days there with my nephew they arranged for us a rental car & gave us suggestions where to go around
Hotel need renovation but maybe any change will effect its charm ,so one who likes rustic things will love it
It is 10 minute nice walk from old port so one can pass by coffee shops frequented by locals

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Even though the hotel's view is unbelievably beautiful, unfortunatly it is very old and they do not make any refurbishment. We paid more than 200 euro per night nobody even helped with luggages. Nothing has stunned me other than its view. Disappointing.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I'm reluctant to share my 'insider secret' to Chania, Crete. But, I can't be selfish forever. DOMA hotel is a special place in Chania town - for those lucky enough to walk through its tall, iron gates - this is a magical place that will make any visit to Crete special.

The elegant owners of the hotel, Ms. Irene and Ms. Ioanna are sisters. They take great pride in their family home turned hotel, and it shows. The interior is elegant, and welcoming. There are many unique objects located throughout the hotel - reflecting both the building, and the island's history. The hotel used to be the British Consul. and there are beautiful trinkets of the time, even the original sign from the British Consulate still hangs inside the hotel. Also, the blue's and whites used to decorate the rooms are extremely soothing and comforting. All that one would expect from a Greek vacation, and then more. This is such a special place. The owners pride is reflected in the fact that everything is sparkly clean, the hotel staff are above and beyond helpful, and the building itself is extremely well kept. I have never slept in such crisp white linens! It is also a delight to wake up to the amazing sea view from the front facing rooms. The rooms facing the back also have views of a beautiful garden - so, depending on your preference, either is wonderful. Make time to stay in the hotel - enjoy the breakfast room, linger over coffee, fresh baked goods, freshly prepared eggs and homemade jams - overlooking the natural beach out front of the hotel. Then, come back early and have a drink in the garden or terrace. This is truly 'home away from home' for us. We have made it a tradition to come back to Doma Hotel every September for 6 years now. I hope we can continue making our pilgramage to visit both Ms. Irene and Ms. Ioanna. I can't begin to describe the discreet dedication they show to their guests. The first floor suites are well worth the price. This year, we had the good fortune to stay in the top floor suite. I wish I could live there - it was spectacular. I'm a writer, so there was much space for inspiration and writing in this suite - as it had an impeccable desk and sitting area. The terrace truly offers one the best view in Chania - especially if you have the added good fortune of staying there during a full moon. ( as we did) ... If there was one hotel in the world I would go back to, this is most certainly the one I'd choose.
ENJOY!

Room Tip: First floor suites are beautiful and face the natural beach in front. I think room 27 has a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple