“Lacked the elegance I had imagined”
Review of Kipos Cafe

Kipos Cafe
Ranked #4 of 39 Coffee & Tea in Chania Town
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I decided not to eat here because the cafe and especially the park that surrounded it. The cafe lacked the elegance I saw in the pictures, and the park had a rumpled, unkempt look that did not inspire me to sip a leisurely cup of coffee.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We hunted this place just for the waffles, a family of five. We were craving waffles, vanilla ice cream and a small amount of chocolate and some water. No strawberries, so we went for bananas. We got four glasses of water and waffles with the chocolate and banana, no ice cream. I think the waiter was tired. He was nice enough and got us more water and offered to get ice cream for us. In the end it didn't matter as they were damn delicious regardless. So light yet with a delicate crispness on the outside. Would go through another bungled order again to taste them again... May do that tonight actually....

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This is an absolute gem.
It wasn't even spoken about as a place to visit by our Thomson Rep, but I'm doing my bit and giving it full marks.
Full of atmosphere, you'll be hard pressed to see how locals socialise and put the world to rights!
I ordered a waffle chocolate sauce and biscuit, and couldn't believe what I was presented with!
This is a freshly made beast of a waffle, it filled my plate!
Warm and soft, with a stunning sauce, definitely worth a visit for a sweet treat.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Kipos Cafe is an amazing place. They have really good coffee and their waffles are delicious. Kipos Cafe is located in a beautiful park just outside the centre of Chania.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

A nice cool place to rest in the summer time in the very centre of Chania. Not touristic, is the meeting place of Chaniots.
The roomy interior is always calm and the best place to enjoy your greek cofee.