All reviews roof garden shower curtain the owner charming hotel old town balcony overlooking mini fridge family room first floor pedestrian street bed was very comfortable lovely room restaurants and shops chania harbour visiting chania stayed here for nights air con
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is a beautiful old hotel filled with nautical charm and old world decor. We chose the room at the very top with the balcony overlooking the harbor. It was a kind of suite, with the bed in a loft area and a sitting room below. Request this room! It is wonderful! The bed was comfortable and the view was absolutely perfect. Everything was clean and comfortable. My only problem was with the shower, which was small - that I could deal with, but the shower curtain was of the type that wraps all the way around, so it kept sucking in and sticking to me as I showered - not a pleasant experience. Then the water got all over the floor anyway, so we ended up having to use our bath towels to sop it up rather than saving them for later or the next day. Having said that, I would still stay here again. The shower issue was a small price to pay for the charm of the place.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the harbor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gypsypirate49
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We've got the room without the window (the window was, but it was 50cm from the wall, but that fact didn't upset us at all.
The room was big, nice and absolutely different to standart rooms in the hotel. The decorative fire place was also to the place.
The hotel itself is worth to be visited because of its roof terrace with a great view on the habour and city (only wires interfere).

Room Tip: Better to see yourself I enjoy the one we've got, but my girlfriend was missing the window.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Great location....most convenient...very nice host...rooms were dark...hotel could use some upgrades..continental breakfast is optional....just ok....easy walk to harbor...still was very enjoyable. If you are a senior you must walk carefully due to lighting.

Room Tip: Lower floors better..spiral staircase if a problem
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This is such a nice Hotel! Had all the traditional features and beautiful rooftop terrace. The rroms were cosy. Breakfasts were so fresh and tasty. The staff were all so pleasant and helpful and genuinely happy to chat with us.

Room Tip: Some rooms had no windows. My only issue was the bed mattress. It was very hard and I slept badly as a result with sore hips!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bohorosie
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed here for one night on the way to the South Coast. It is a lovely hotel in the old town overlooking Chania Harbour. We have stayed a few times and the staff are always so welcoming. Would stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the harbour offer great views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple