“Quick good food”

Σχαρα Ψωμακι
Ranked #96 of 497 Restaurants in Chania Town
Description: A delicious idea in chania with juicy marinated meat on the grill and special material combinations in our fluffy bun! visit us!!
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Their menu was completely in Greek, but lucky the waitress translated for me and made recommendations. I had some kind of chicken sandwich. Not exactly sure what was in it but it had fresh ingredients and tasted very good. The restaurant is small and has a relaxed atmosphere. I like the interior design. Open kitchen/grill so you can see your food being made. I recommend when you are hungry for quick bite.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

i was waiting 45' for 2 breads with meat and potatos.. overpriced and it doesn't worth so much time especially when it's just a street fast food.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Amazing modern food that taste divine. If you come here you have to try this one! Sort of like a fast food place but more tastier.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stopped off at this little restaurant for a quick bite to eat but what we were presented with blew our minds.

This was no ordinary souvlaki restaurant. The food was extremely tasty and the ingredients were obviously fresh. The combination of flavours shows that the owners/chefs really know flavours.

I would recommend the comically named Koko-bloko, which is a grilled chicken thigh "souvlaki" which was a taste sensation. I use speech marks as the food is a higher quality version of a souvlaki using grilled bread which is not unlike a brioche. The chips were superb also.

One other positive is that the staff are happy to make alterations to their dishes to please you as the customer. My wife made a lot of changes and they were happy to accommodate.

The staff speak very good English and although the menu is in Greek, they can translate it for you. They've even said that an English menu is on its way!

I can not recommend this restaurant enough. I will definitely be going back in the next couple of days!

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Sxara psomaki (σχάρα ψωμάκι) is a revelation! After a night of too many drinks, my husband and I stumbled on this place on our way back to our hotel, the food was so good we had to go back the next day (sober) just to check we didn't imagine it! It is a cute little hole-in-the-wall shop in the centre of Chania's shopping street. They play jazzy tunes and serve fast food with an added twist of using only fresh, high quality ingredients. You can tell when you taste their food (or even by reading their comical menu) that the owners really know and care about good food and flavours.

They effectively serve sandwiches but this category doesn't sufficiently do them justice. They use a really soft bread similar to a brioche, very fresh ingredients, good cuts of meat (I hate fatty meat and am really fussy about this so I was particularly impressed on that front) and they grill everything. I particularly recommend a side of their grilled oyster mushrooms regardless of your sandwich choice. Sxara are a refreshing change from the usual souvlaki take-aways in Greece if you're looking for something a little more special.

Staff are friendly and totally flexible to suit every taste. I honestly haven't come across anything like this before so it's difficult to say "their food is similar to...." It's just something everyone should go and try. A must if you are visiting Chania, particularly after a night out! If you try it you will thank me.