US$759
US$592
US$487
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Elounda Palm Hotel(Elounda)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
Akti Olous Hotel(Elounda)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$96
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

Elounda Ilion Hotel(Elounda)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
US$1,038
US$792
Elounda Garden Suites(Elounda)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewpropertiespropertynikosfridgevillage
Reviewed 9 September 2017

The swimming pool was nice ... and the house was, well, a traditional, old house ... but that's all positive I can say. We stayed in "Penelope": small house, small beds, too many beds in a small house ( for 6 people, but hardly place for 6), no place to sit inside, kitchen is outdoors and is old, dirty, does not have sufficient plates, cutlery, etc; all old stuff, ... Don't expect any luxury at all ... honestly for that price (more than €1000 for 6 days), I really expected something more ...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Perakise, General Manager at The Traditional Homes and Villas of Crete, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Guest
It is regretable to read your comments of disappointment concerning your stay at the traditional home of PENELOPE when you are already away., It could have been much easier if you could have left me a message underlining the problems when in the home , or even to talk to me on phone as I am always available ., I had received no such message during your stay . The least we could have done is to change the home , or try to remedy the problems . We tackle always the problems encountered and provide solutions as we keep personal contact with all our guests , Great pitty.
thank you all the same . vAGGELIS

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I seldom write hotel reviews, however this time I felt compelled to do so as I was so disappointed. After having looked on the internet for some time to find suitable accommodation for 5 people which included my Father, I decided on The Traditional Homes of Crete as my Father was born in Crete and I thought it would be a great memory for him. After a wonderful 2 weeks touring around Greece in 7 different accommodations, I thought this would be a lovely way to end our holidays, boy was I mistaken!! Upon arrival in Elounda, we were escorted to the house by a man name Vangelis who welcomed us to the house named ‘Penelope’ which was my first warning sign. I had booked the house named ‘Margarita’ which was to have a lovely verandah with sea views. I mentioned this to Vangelis who quickly changed to subject and pointed out the pool that Penelope had access to (it is a shared pool with another house), without any further explanation as to why there had been a change in accommodation. After showing us through the house, I asked him about our sea view, again stating that I had specifically rented ‘Margarita’ as it had a lovely sea view, which ‘Penelope’ clearly DID NOT. He quickly directed me to the pool again, stating that ‘Penelope’ was 50% more expensive than ‘Margarita’ but he was kind enough to not charge me any extra, AGAIN not offering any explanation as to the change and off he went. I did NOT book this house with its small square 1.7m deep pool that my young children could not swim in without holding on to the ladder and where was my sea view and my valid explanation for the change?
I had read a similar review before booking, but still decided to book as there had been other more positive reviews. To be sure however, I emailed Vangelis soon after booking to confirm my booking was for ‘Margarita’ and his reply was: “your reservation at the traditional home of MARGARITA has been confirmed via BOOKING.COM" so I felt confident it was ok. I feel that I grossly overpaid for a smaller house (Penelope is 25m2 smaller than Margarita, according to the descriptions) without the view I thought I was getting and instead a pool that I did not want and in fact never used and was never given any valid explanation why!
Furthermore, “Traditional” does not have to mean “Old and Filthy” - this house was far from clean, with lumpy old pillows and hard old mattresses that must have been riddled with dust mites as my husband’s eyes began to swell up due to a minor allergy. The duvet covers where dirty and stained (see photo) and I don’t know the last time they were cleaned! The daily housekeeping consisted of only the bins being emptied. Yes, the sheets and towels were changed a couple of times and they did offer to wash our clothes which was only after I pointed out that the description said a washing machine was available when there was none in the house. The toilet was NOT CLEANED ONCE during our 7 night stay, nor was the bathroom or any other part of the house for that matter! So much for daily housekeeping! They were supposed to provide toilet paper and twice we had to ration out the paper, ending in us having to buy our own rolls. We found clothes and belongings from a previous guest on the side of one of the beds that must have fallen there, clearly indicating the lack of adequate cleaning between guests. The toilet cistern did not stop running the whole time, which was also noisy at night.
Save your money and don’t book this place!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Perakise, General Manager at The Traditional Homes and Villas of Crete, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest ,
I am amazed to read your comments of stay , in such a length , as it would have taken you considerable time and energy to produce this detailed picture of the home you have lived in . It would have taken - and during your stay - only few moments of your precious time to let us know of your disatisfaction . As we always respond to guest's opinions and value them accordingly, we would have gladly changed the home for you , or we would have moved you to a different sort of accommodation and of higher value at NO EXTRA COST FOR YOU . We have done it in the past , and we could have done it in your case as we always like to solve the problems on the spot and NOT WHEN GUEST IS GONE .

We , as a company own three different kind of accommodation outlets , thus we have the opportunity of solving client's problems on the spot and right away . Such a great pitty, not to let us know
Vaggelis

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

It was pleasure that we ve spend our time to this wonderful villas. We ve stayed 4 days in the monastery villa and it was great. The location of the villa was amazing with great view and the owner of the villas was very polite and pleasant. Villa was very comfortable for a family of 5 persons. The decoration was amazing and i suggest it for sure if you want to stay in a traditional but luxury villa. The only problem was with the insects but with a good repellent we solved it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank eleni a
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We were booked into the Elounda apartments but a couple of days before departure we were informed that the accomodation had been double booked and we would be staying one week at another property and then transferred to the originally booked apartment. We weren't happy but could not find other accomodation so off we went. We arrived in Elounda at 1:30 am and the transfer driver told us to get out at the church. We refused and then the driver had a convoluted discussion with the taxi drivers nearby and ten minutes late the owner/manager drove up and took us in his car to Leonidas House. He then at 2 am told us that he had mixed up the bookings and that we would stay in this house for four nights, then transfer to another property for three nights and then the apartments for the next three! We weren't happy but resigned ourselves to it. Leonidas House is in Mavrikiano - a lovely spot. The house is well equipped but definitely not suitable for anyone with mobility problems - steep stone stairs lead to the bedroom upstairs. We enjoyed our four nights and then prepared ourselves for the next move only to be told that the Elounda apartment was now available. Back in the owner's car again! The Elounda apartments are well situated in the town. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom and bedrooms are of a good size. The only downside is that there is no balcony. We enjoyed our stay and the moves didn't really inconvenience us. The owner is a lovely guy of nearly eighty and I think he is just trying to keep his occupancy at a maximum. However we also saw the same thing happen to two other couples booked into his accomodation when we were there for ten days. So if you want typically Greek accomodation and are prepared to be flexible then this is the accomodation for you!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a sea view if you opt for an apartment.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Just back from a lovely weekend staying at this property had a great time the owner
was very nice even took us on a tour of Elounda all in all i can give this place a great review we will probably be going back another time

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family