“Great location”

Palemilos Apartments
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from spending 5 nights at Palemilos. We had a spacious apartment which was extremely well equipped. The bed was large and very comfortable. The apartments are situated in a great position just a couple of minutes walk to tavernas and supermarkets, also buses and taxis. The beach at Elounda is just 5 minutes walk. Poppy is a really lovely lady and gave us a very warm, friendly greeting when we arrived even though our plane was delayed which meant us not arriving until midnight. Thank you Poppy for your great hospitality. Lyn and Geoff

Room Tip: Recommend an apartment which gives you more space than the studios
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurreyHappyhols

Reviewed 29 August 2017

A fantastic location, yards from the centre on Elounda. Excellent service and advice from Poppy and Sophia. A lovely warm and sincere welcome. The apartment was perfect and very clean. Towels changed every second day and sheets changed as well. You could speak to Poppy everyday if you needed to as she was always available. Very tasteful apartment, beautifully decorated! We were given a very thoughtful gift at the end of our stay, it was a bottle of Olive Oil from Poppy's family's Olive Grove- so special . And a bottle of Raki - so kind of them. Would certainly recommend this apartment .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Popi was there to greet me when I arrived in the wee small hours of the morning and had thoughtfully left a platter of nibbles in my fridge for me after my long journey. The room was very clean, fresh, calm colours of cream/sage green with a mix of modern and traditional & had air conditioning which was a blessing. Popi was very helpful at recommending restaurants, places to visit, provided bus timetables etc. She was a very attentive, friendly hostess, and her homebaking treats were a lovely touch too. You would not get this treatment from a standard hotel. There was an instance where I had 'scooter' trouble & Popi called the company on my behalf, they were there within 5 minutes! (Turned out it was a blonde moment on my part & not scooter fault) but the fact is, Popi took the stress away from me and dealt with it immediately on my behalf.

It's hard to believe that the apartment is just a two minute (or less) walk from the main square/marina. It was very quietly situated given its proximity to everything. There is no pool at these apartments, but the beach is less than a 5 minute walk (if thats your thing).

This was the first time I have travelled solo and Popi made my experience even easier. But this was not just to me, she was as kind, thoughtful & helpful to all of her guests. I had a late departure flight & this again was not a problem to Popi. On my checkout day, I was moved to another apartment, which was equally as lovely, and all of this was done at no extra charge.

In short, if you are after a little bit of Greek authenticity, I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

the apartment had everything you could wish for and poppy was there to provide and give great information about the area of elounda,taxi service,buses,and the local train which takes you to a gorgeous place called plaka,and all of the amazing places to eat out,there is something for every one.

Room Tip: these apartments and studios have great access to the main square .
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bevStoke_onTrent
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Right from the moment you open the fridge to find a welcome gift from Proprietor Poppy you stay just gets better. Clean, well equipped and excellent value for money.Located just a one minute walk from the main square yet quiet.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends