“Poor response to complaint.”

Kouzoulo Meze & Bar
Ranked #223 of 407 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I visited here for dinner and was very disappointed. My wife ordered the chef salad which she enjoyed. I ordered the chicken a la creme which was so salty it was inedible. I offered some of it to my wife to taste before I complained to confirm it was too salty.
When I complained to the waiter he was more interested in arguing with me than resolving the complaint. When I suggested I did not want to pay for the chicken his attitude was quite aggressive. As I was on holiday and did not want to spoil my evening for the sake of 11 euros I paid the bill and left.
The waiter was obviously not bothered wether I enjoyed my meal or not as long as I had paid for it.
Will obviously never return.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We were hungry do didn't search too far.
No complaints, just a bit pricey.
Portions are enormous though, you could share!
I had fried cheese, lovely and grilled veg, also lovely.
We were given free pudding and raki, as usual.
Wine took ages to come. Nice when it did though!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We loved Kouzoulo and ate and drank here every time we visited Old Town Rethymnon. The staff are very friendly and do a great job. The food is to die for. Every meal we had was excellent with generous portions . Would highly recommend to visit.Sorry no photos but we were too busy enjoying our food!!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Food & Staff were amazing. All members of staff were lovely and very polite. They offered me a small complimentary drink when I sat down. I ordered pizza which was tasty. Portions very large. I then also got a small free pudding. :) I would defiantly recommend.

Thank you!!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Visited on a day trip with 11 others. Walked past and wasn’t pestered like the other restaurants we went past. We decided to come here and was greeted very well. The whole service staff were welcoming and happy and made the night better. The food was the best we had all had yet each having a verity from their menu. The cost of the overall meal was very reasonable for the service and quality we received.