Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
All reviews sea view old town ideal location buffet style sun loungers fortezza tavernas crete greek earplugs maria
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a single night stay. Room was ancient. Bathroom was old (toilet had scratches on the seat ). I felt like staying at a hotel of 70s. Breakfast was nothing special. Location is great. Really dissapointed by our stay. Friendly and polite stuff.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2021

After seeing Ideon will open made very fast decision to have holiday. Had a lovely stay. Covid-rules are clear and staff is nicely reminding if someone for example forgets to use mask. Cleaning ladys, my heroes, were working from early morning until late night to keep all the spaces spotless clean. Breakfast was arranged same way as last year so no worries about safety. There were not too many people staying at the hotel so safety distance was easy to keep on all areas. And staff all departments was as friendly as expected.
I hope you will have excellent season!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

There is no other hotel I would want to return to, anywhere. We had a two week stay in Ideon, it is in the ideal location just on the edge of the old town, with the sea on one side, Fortezza on the other and the old town a few metres away. It is an oasis of tranquility, immaculately clean, the most friendly staff, delicious breakfast, buffet style and served by the pool. Ideon has its own gorgeous dog who lies in the cool of reception to welcome visitors. Our room was very spacious, air conditioned with a big and modern bathroom, and a balcony. Every precaution was taken around COVID, rooms were cleaned 3 times per week, staff wore masks all the time despite the heat and were more than helpful. A massive shout out to Manos, Eleni and Maria.....you are amazing

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 512jennyd
Reviewed 26 September 2020

Due to multiple flight cancellations I needed to do multiple changes on my booking, finally cancelling until I was actually able to arrive. Booking department took all the hazle calmly and friendly and with biggest understanding on the situation. When I finally arrived check in was very smooth. I was told about the changes on cleanin due to covid rules, such a shame since the cleaner ladys at the hotel are miracle makes. There were hand sanitazing stations around the hotel and was happy to see both clients and staff were using them. Breakfast was serviced buffet so was able to choose what I want buy member of staff was collecting the food for me. I was truly ovet the moon for the change that there was full breakfast from 7:30. I truly hope you keep this since it is very valuable for anyone heading to mountains for the day. Over all felt very secure on these strange times since staff was carefully following all the safety rules given by Greek goverment. Hope to see you next year again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2019

Good, quick communication for my initial questions via email.
Hotel is quite luxurious and very nicely finished and the front desk people were all very helpful.
We stayed in room 318, which had a good view over the sea wall.
While the hotel is on a busy road, the double glazed windows cut out the noise so much that I (as a light sleeper) didn't need ear plugs.
Free parking in the parking lot across the road.
Breakfast was buffet which I like, and the ladies who organised it did quite a job with the number of people.
It was very hot when we were there and the pool was nice and cool.

Disliked · Bed was pretty hard, but similar to the majority of other places in Greece.
The bath was very narrow and the shower over it was a bit tricky to use because of this.
Sea view rooms look over the road out front which includes the cafes so not all that peaceful.
Having to lug the suitcases up over the wall in front of the car park.
Hotel is larger than I really like which led to the pool being a bit crowded and breakfast being very busy.
Personally I prefer to stay somewhere amongst locals but this hotel (and this part of Rethymno) seems to cater for English package tours - not that there's anything wrong with that, it just wasn't what I wanted while I was in Greece.

Date of stay: June 2019