All reviews bus station old town balcony overlooking excellent stay air conditioning crete sea harbour
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The only good thing about this hotel is the friendly staff at reception. As the previous guests have written, I echo: room walls are so thin that you wake up in the morning when neighbours go to toilet/shower and you can hear their TV in the night like it was in your room. In the rooms facing the main street (4th floor, 408) you can here non-stop traffic in the day and night, but if you close the window, it's more-less ok with ear plugs. AC is directly above the bed - so if you don't want to sleep in draft, you will not turn it on during the night. But what's most terrible is breakfast and dinner - no taste at all, I never had so bad food in my life. They prepare it somewhere else and bring it to the spot, I read they do the same procedure in another hotel that they own - Joan Beach, also in Rethymnon. the food has no smell, it's warm, but everything tastes the same, I mean awful - even fried eggs for breakfast are prepared somewhere else. Tomatoes and cucumbers that you eat in cafeterias here are so delicious but at hotel they look and taste like plastic. I've been here for 7 days on half board - never had so bad food in my whole life, so I decided to skip all meals. No drinks in dinner - no even a tap water. Other than that - bathroom sink smells bad, bathroom is tiny. I'd rate this hotel according to an European standard 1-2 star, according to a Greek standard maybe then a 3 star, but never-ever 4 star. By the way, the blanket in the bed does not have a duvet cover, only a blank sheet, so not very hygenical... They haven't changed towels, or sheets at all - and it's my 4th day. I'd never stay here again. Next door is hotel Brascos, you better try that..

Room Tip: Location ok, near old town (10-15 min walk), room on 4th floor (hotel has 5 floors) facing the main street - traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pirkar
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Simple plain fair room
Spacious room
Retro marble style bathroom
Rich breakfast

Noisy loudly speaking morning chambermaids
Thin walls (toilet flush surrounding)
Some windows might not be opening
Only one electicity socket available per room

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I've been here from 19.08.16 till 26.08.16.
This hotel is good to spend some nights in it. Also they have good swimming pool on the rooftop.
Rooms are comfortable,air conditioner is working good. Bathroom was too small but it's okay for one person.
But!
Their food is really awful:( Feta cheese and Greek yogurt disappointed me... Never knew,that it would be hard to offer to guests tasty Greek food... My advice for you: try local food outside of hotel,everywhere except hotel...
I lived and worked in Greece,so you can trust me:)
Special words I have for reception. Their staff was quite friendly :)
I was warmly welcomed and treated with cookies:)
They was ready to help 24 hours a day!
Ευχαριστώ παρά πολύ για το ενδιαφέρον σας:) Αναστασία Ρ.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Wander656838
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Fab rooftop pool, very safe unlike some people have said - ridiculous comments, complete rubbish. Criticisms - lack of sunloungers - massively. Room was fine, maid service great, food pretty good. Location absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank kerrymgeorge
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I enjoyed a lot my stay in this hotel that has the structure in the centre of the city , a very friendly , helpful personel and genuine , tasty kitchen . The furniture in the rooms has to be updated but this will not spoil the overall positive impression .

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple