All reviews old town lovely hotel central location side street three nights beautiful town our honeymoon a lovely stay luggage maria
Reviewed 1 June 2016

It's not easy to find even though it is in the heart of the old city and that is part of its charm. A tiny hideaway with friendly service, a delicious breakfast and only 6 or 7(?) spacious rooms with lovely updated bathrooms. A several hundred year old significant home has been renovated with care. No elevator if you have many or heavy bags, but the staff is happy to help carry them to your room. We loved staying there and would recommend it unreservedly.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Very nice building, beautifully equipped and centrally located. The rooms are spacious sunny, retro fashioned with excellent king-size beds. My only complaint is the owner's attitude which contradicted the famous Greek and Cretan hospitality. We had to stay there for 2 days. Our communication was problematic even via email. We had to ask many times some things and the respond was so impersonal that resembled these automated- non respond emails from central servers. The absence of any willingness to help was apparent. When we got there, we had a friend with us who offered to help us with our luggage and the owner instantly noted that we had booked only for 2 persons and not for 3! We wouldn't stay there again because of this bitter taste that we were left with, even if we liked very much the architecture and design of the hotel.

p.s. Be very careful with nearby shops and the products prices. One of them tried to deceive us and ruined our entire holiday. The incident ended after calling the police

Room Tip: Corner room was very sunny and large
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2015

A few days before my visit, the hotel manager took the trouble to send me a welcoming email which I greatly appreciated particularly as it enabled me to ask for directions. I was very tired when I arrived at the hotel having been traveling all day so I particularly appreciated the warm welcome that I received. The hotel is in a beautifully renovated venetian mansion. With just eight rooms it offers peace and quiet and a personal service. My large room was light and spacious with high wooden ceilings and wooden floors, free WiFi, a small fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. It was beautifully furnished with a huge comfortable bed and a small balcony overlooking the street. My bathroom was large, clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. I paid an extra four euros for breakfast the next day which I enjoyed sitting at a table outside. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. I had been concerned when I booked that the room rate was expensive for a three star hotel but it was worth it, I really enjoyed my stay and I hope to have the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2015

In our recent trip to Crete, we ended up staying at Hotel Leo for one night and were pleasantly surprised. Our stay here was very last minute so we weren't expecting much but we were in for a nice treat. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly greeted and assisted with bringing our luggage ( heavy!) and not a small feat given its all stairs...We had a lovely comfortabe room that met all our needs. Though the stay was short, the staff were kind courteous and all too willing to assist in whatever we needed. The location is super ideal!! Thank you Hotel Leo!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2015

This is the best 3 star hotel we have ever visited! The hotel is in a wonderfully restaurated 15th century Venetian house at the very heart of the charming old town of Rethymnon in Crete. All the rooms we saw had a unike atmosphere, and the standard is actually on a 4 star level. In addition, the host - Eleni - and her staff (Christina and others) make you feel you are visiting friends or family. The wonderful breakfast - on your choise every day from a brekfast menu - is served outdoor in one of the small and charming streets in the old town. This hotel and the old town with all the nice restaurants and cafes and small, lively streets are in themselves worth the trip, but in addition there is s long, white sandy beach starting in the town of Rethymnon and going miles along the coast. I also recommend renting a car and visiting the south coast of Crete with its many smaller but beautiful baches (e.g. Damnioni, Souda and Previli), just 45 minutes across the mountain with small villages and a marvellous landscape.....We will come back, and will of course stay at Leo hotel also the next time!

Room Tip: All are great, but the ones towards the smaller street are even more quiet
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family