“Olga's”
Review of Olga's Pension

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rethymnon
Olga's Pension
Ranked #38 of 46 Rethymnon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Well we're staying with George & Stella again this July. This will be my seventh visit and i cant wait to see my friends again. George is amazing, and Stella is a treasure. I love the rooms and their different charms. Yes you do have to realise that Olgas is ecelectic, but this is why I love it soo much. George spends all his time keeping everything running smoothly and he's always busy. But never to busy to stop and chat. Stella and Ilianna (hope I've spelt it right) are amazing cooks and always have a smile and a warm welcome for you. I miss all the family when I'm not there and wish I could spend more time in Crete.

Room Tip: The studios are bigger but only have double beds. Room 1 is perfect for 1-3 nights and room 3, even...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We only had 4 days to kill in Rethymnon before heading East and arrived with nowhere to stay. George gave us a very warm welcome at 7:30am, showed us to a studio room and gave us a very reasonable price for 3 nights.

I agree with a previous reviewer's first opinion - the place is eclectic and charming. The room was lovely and had the bonus of a small kitchen area, and our air con and shower worked well. Yes, the toilet did smell a bit when flushed but we spent the rest of our holiday in a 5 star resort where the drains smelled the same - and so did every other toilet on the island.

George and Stella were extremely helpful with requests for tourist information and nothing felt like too much trouble, which is why we are staying with all our guests when we marry there this summer.

Room Tip: Tell the hosts what you want!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheFlop
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed here a couple of times and always had a nice clean room in a quiet part of the house. George and Stella are amazingly friendly and helpful. Their pension is recommended in Lonely Planet and Le routard guide. The house is open all year and the comforts are plenty, heating, airco, shower, kitchen, internet, cleaning, roof terrace, use of the cafe restaurant where Stella every day makes fresh Cretan dishes at cheap prices

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Albert v
Reviewed 28 June 2011

When we arrived at Olga's Pension, I found it eclectic and charming--lots of bric a brac, and the rooftop garden was beautiful, brimming with succulents.

However, when the room was opened to us our opinion quickly changed. If the doll furniture doesn't throw you, the air conditioner spitting small flecks of dirt at you while you sleep might. We were given a room with 2 twin beds and double, and the proprietor insisted we sleep in the twin beds--we're a same sex couple, and it's none of his bloody business.

Do not, under any circumstances, flush the toilet. It sends of surge of sulphuric air into the room, like the earth itself is belching and angry. We had to leave the room. If we hadn't paid in cash we would have left.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I've spent a long time in Olga's Pension (almost half a year), so I know what I am talking about. The place is very nice, has its own unique climate - thanks to George (the owner), who takes care of the pension. Rooms differ from small to comfortable studios. Each room has its own bathroom. I was staying in a studio, where I had also a "kitchen corner". There are two biggest advantages of the place: location in the heart of the Old Town and the friendliness pf George and his wife, Stella. They are creating such a warm, familiar atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends