“Lovely, authentic Greek restaurant. Large portions at a great price, superb food and service.”
Review of Ladokolla

Ladokolla
Ranked #10 of 1,349 Restaurants in Corfu
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We were on a short stay on Corfu and looking for a special place for our last night. We found Ladokolla on the Internet and headed up the hills in our hire car. It is in a remote village which screamed 'local'. The menu is subtle with just traditional dishes listed. We ordered the grilled peppers and baked cheese to start with a Greek salad, 1 chicken skewer and a pork chop to follow. What actually arrived was a bowl of chunky grilled bread, 2 large grilled peppers, baked cheese, a huge Greek salad, then the pork chop with chips arrived and the large skewer. We couldn't eat it all! It was so delicious but I've never seen a chop so big. I felt so guilty leaving food but we were stuffed.
There was live music and a really local/family feel to the place. Service was excellent and they catered for everyone who arrived. I can't wait to return with my husband. Our total bill to include drinks was €37.00 a real bargain.

1  Thank Raynor C

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Everything including price, originality, quality, staff, choice is perfect! That is to say rustic and perfect.
Beware, extremely large servings, be careful to not over order. Best to book, avoid a wait.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

When we arrived (to an absolutely packed restaurant – but we only had to wait ~10 mins for a table) and looked at the menu, I was kinda disappointed I hadn't checked it before we arrived (my own fault) because there is a LOT of meat. That said, I spotted and ordered chicken souvlaki (for less than 3euro!!) and my goodness, I was not disappointed!

The price on the menu is for 1 skewer and chips, so I checked with the waiter if he thought I should order more but he reassured us that 1 would be fine (he could've tried to upsell but didn't).... and he was right. The chicken was a) very well cooked b) very tasty and c) breast meat instead of the weird pink/wing/legs bits you often get for souvlaki. It was LUSH. The chips were very nice too. My friend ordered lamb chops and he seemed to get about 10! Also the Greek salad was tasty and fresh.

I... somehow managed to drink a litre of the local wine which proves it must've been good.

If you can, I would 100% recommend a visit.

1  Thank swissbunny
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We have been visiting this taverna for 10 years now, and the standard has improved every year.
The service with a smile, the amazing toasted bread, and all the main courses are served wrapped in brown paper...
You only need half portions of several of the dishes as there is so much to eat.
Free fruit follows with compliments of the house, and it's very affordable.
Great local wines served cold if preferred, great in the summer heat.

1  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We got to Ladokolla during 1week of holiday in Corfu, the food served is limited to the typical Corfu restaurant, but with a home-style touch.
Main courses are only choices of meat from the grill, that is a good thing, instead to do a huge menu with no taste food.
toasted bread was great, we had tzatziki and saganaki that were both good. as main a huge mix grill with fries and salad (good overall).
The highlight of the place is the huge tree that give shadow over the tables in the outside patio.
the service was struggling during the peek time and we felt not considerate anymore after serve us the main course.
booking is definitely needed because we see many people bounced at the door when the restaurant was full (and there are not others restaurant around as second option).