We spent our holidays here and had two weeks in Paradise,The rooms are fantastic with wonderful views over the bay we had a free upgarde given to us which was lovely surprise we had a beautiful pool just outside our room,very clean place, BARSTAFF CAME COMES AROUND WITH SCENTED WIPES AND GLASSES OF WATER plenty of sunbeds and towels.
The only down side were that the drinks are very pricey at 10 euro for a GnT and 12euro for a vodka and coke and we like to have a few in the night, but at these prices thought i wasnt worth hanging around the hotel,
It wasnt until we were told by another couple who spent their evenings at the Village of Kriopigi to go to The Casablanca Bar for a fab time the drinks are only 5 euro which meant we could drink like gold fish at that price IF we wanted to, it is run and owned by the Greek chef Tony Diamond and he has his own traded cocktail named after him ,funny evenings, nice crowd of customers always busy they also have Ski Sports, and a good choice of bar meals,, full English (although we had our MEALS at the hotel which were nice) and just drunk at the Casablanca .My wife had one of the famouse Tony Diamond cocktails and it sent her into a frenzy think that is her all time fav , the prices are excellent on all drinks and the atmoshpere that and made our holidays.Taxis is about 5 euro or a 20 min walk to Kriopigi which is what we like to do after our meal.
(We didnt even know there was a viilage Town in Kriopigi) nice shops a few Greek Tavernas and gift shops, No banks or Atm.s in town but there is an Atm on the hotel Grounds.
We went to Kalithea for shopping couldnt say much about that place over charging cafes, rude service in shops,and full of slot and Crane machines win a teddy type.
All in all a great time ,great hotel and will go back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Aegean Melathron is surrounded by a forest reaching down to a private beach by Toroni Gulf. Guests have free access to gym and 9 swimming pools. The modern, luxurious rooms feature furnished balconies or patios with views to the well-kept gardens and pools or Aegean Sea. Each air-conditioned room includes a satellite LCD TV and free Wi-Fi access. Hotel Aegean Melathron has 3 pool bars and a beach bar that offer ice creams, snacks and refreshments. Aegeas & Artemis Restaurants serve rich breakfast & dinner buffet while beachfront Mistral Restaurant offers local specialties. *Seemly apparel at dinner (entrance only with long trousers for men, no shorts and flip flops).* Guests can relax in the indoor pool or around the seawater outdoor pools with a shallow area for children. The 200-metres long private beach is equipped with deck chairs and umbrellas available upon charge. Wellness options at the Melathron include massages and treatments with sea extracts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aegean Melathron Thalasso Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Aegean Melathron
- Aegean Melathron Kalithea
- Aegean Melathron Thalasso Spa Hotel Halkidiki/Kallithea, Greece