Daios Luxury Living(Thessaloniki)
US$78
US$66
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Astoria hotel(Thessaloniki)
  • Room Service
Alexandria Hotel(Thessaloniki)
US$45
TripAdvisor
Blue Bottle Boutique Hotel(Thessaloniki)
Argo Hotel(Thessaloniki)
1,628 results
All reviewsevery hoursky bardesign hotelrooftop poolshuttle busfree shuttle servicecity centregreat designminimal designbest hotel in townexcellent hotelthe hotel offersbusiness trippublic areasbusiness hotelamazing breakfastbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for conference. Dissappointed
Firstly, the location:- Rather far away from everything. Needed to take hotel shuttle each time I want to go to the centre. The shuttle was free and that is the good part
The room was really bad. Although good size, there is a horrible damp smell that persisted throughout the stay.
The air-condition was not cold despite me turning to the max and setting the temperature to 17 degrees.
There was no free mineral water when I check in. One bottle only appeared on my 3rd day and i wonder why?
There is only 1 tea bag and after the first night, it was never refilled. The same thing happened for my shower gel, shampoo...only one bottle for 4 days 3 nights. Somehow, they did not bother to refill even though it was empty! I know I could have just asked but I would have expected for a hotel that is rated 4 stars to have minimal standards.
I switched hotel on the last night to Daivos Luxury living and this new hotel couldn’t be more different.
All in all, a bed experience. .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank StevenTTG
KARL-CHEHAB, Γενικός Διευθυντής at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at “The Met Hotel” and for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay.

Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to improve the quality level of our service and we appreciate every constructive feedback of yours. Regarding your comments, despite the fact that we usually get the best reviews, please allow us to inform you that each day we offer different F&B amenities to our guests and expect from our offer you may find F&B products in the fully equipped mini bar. After your review, we have noticed that indeed there was a technical problem of the AC unit, however if you had mentioned the issue to our staff, they would be more than happy to assist you and repair the problem.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback so that we may get closer to exceeding our guest’s expectations.

We are pleased that you chose to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at “The Met Hotel”.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Good hotel with excellent (70mbps) Wi-Fi. Good breakfast spread, though I wish they would have used more berries in their yogurt instead of apples. Nice outdoor dining areas, perfect during the summer times. Summer morning breakfast in their open roof courtyard is fantastic.

The restaurants were good if maybe a tad over-priced for what they offered. Definitely cheaper food if you run in to town. Very surprised at the lack of Greek food available on offer at the restaurants. A simple gyro pita or even gyro plate would have been very welcome.

Location is decent, but not great. They do have a somewhat convenient shuttle that runs to city centre (Aristotoleus Square) every hour-ish, but if you can't wait for the shuttle it's about a €5-10 taxi ride or a 20-45 minute walk.

"Ocean view" rooms are really "port-and-cranes" views. The hotel is situated in an industrial/commercial part of the city and facing the main commercial port, so even the ocean view rooms aren't fantastic. However they're better than the city-view rooms. The surrounding area is a bit dilapidated so if you're in it for the views, I suggest a court-yard facing room with ocean view. I had 334 and it was perfectly adequate.

Hotel staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, even when you're there on a lower than typical rate. Always with a smile and always ready to help. The porters especially will go out of their way to assist you.

One thing that puzzled me, however, is that they requested we pay for our entire stay (14 days) on check-in. When we questioned that they requested we at least pay for half. Not sure the reason for that but it kind of made us feel like we weren't trusted. We're a large, well-known organization so it's not like we were going to skip on our bill. First time in Thessaloniki, but 4th time in Greece and never had this request from any other Greek hotels. In the end it was fine, though one of my colleagues did get over-charged an extra day, but they sorted it before we left.

The outdoor rooftop pool closes unfortunately early (1800!). If you're here on business, chances are you will miss it every day. Unless there are events booked (very likely on weekends) you can still use the rooftop garden, just not the pool or even the pool area. Wish they'd keep it open until sundown, at least, during the summer.

Good and ample underground parking, even when there are hotel events. Free parking underground for hotel guests. Just ask for a parking pass.

Rooms are updated but the layout for some could use a little work. There seem to be at least 3 different layouts with different amenities (as per my colleagues descriptions). Some have overhead "rain" showerheads, some don't. Some have bathtubs, others don't. Some had both. My desk was situated at the foot of the bed and right below a TV. The desk was somewhat recessed so it didn't leave much arm rest. Ended up being very uncomfortable for long sessions at the laptop.

The closet is well-sized for a long stay and I was pleasantly surprised to have drawers! Such an odd thing to be pleased about but 9/10 hotels I stay in in Europe only has hangars and shelves. No drawers. Frustrates me. So I was happy to have drawers. I was also able to request some extra hangars which they were happy to provide.

Additionally, you can request a steam iron and ironing board but one is not provided in the room.

Decent sized balcony, but I never used it. Would have made it infinitely more useful if they'd equip it with some furniture. A lounge/beach chair would have gone a long way as would a small table and some chairs.

I also didn't find the bed comfortable at all, but your mileage may vary. Queen is two separate mattresses with a lumpy, unfirm mattress topper smaller than the mattress. Hard to stay comfortable at night if you're a mover. Definitely sank into the middle every night. One of my colleagues ended up just removing the mattress topper and slept more comfortably, but now she was restricted to a very small sleeping are.

Overall I was very happy with my stay. While there were some drawbacks my time there was happy and comfortable and the excellent wifi makes it that much easier to recommend. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 4th floor has the spa, 6th floor is closest to the rooftop garden (and rooftop pool). Request a room far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris H

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review after your stay at The Met Hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

amazing hotel, very friendly staff, just checked in today 12/06, Georgia at the reception was the most helpful,she tried as much as possibly can to make my stay enjoyable and comfortable, she gave me a list of restaurants, it was amazing selection , the room equipped with Android to take out with you as your travel guide which is very smart idea , very clean hotel, swimming pool with amazing views,, I'm enjoying my stay to the max

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank mghattas
KARL-CHEHAB, Γενικός Διευθυντής at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at “The Met Hotel” and for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay.

We are glad to read that the service from our staff met your expectations. We will surely thank Georgia for her efforts.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Enjoyed our stay at this location in Thessaloniki. Good food - nice location - fine rooftop bar for a nightcap - or swim on the rooftop during the day. Well run - maybe not Five Star - but solid Four Star for sure.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James M
KARL-CHEHAB, Διευθυντής at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

We really appreciate every constructive feedback of yours and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow us to inform you that The Met Hotel is an official certificated five star hotel and our goal is to provide to our guests the highest quality of service.

Thank you once again for choosing The Met Hotel for your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Loved everything about it. Super staff, great facilities, nice indoor spa, very cool and hip rooftop pool, great breakfast. Outside the hustle of the center but hotel provides free hourly shuttle all day and night. Great stay overall.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We really appreciate your comments and we are glad that our service and facilities met your expectations.

Thank you once again for choosing The Met Hotel for your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,