Daios Luxury Living(Thessaloniki)
US$121
US$74
US$68
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Astoria hotel(Thessaloniki)
US$71
US$64
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$74
US$60
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Aegeon Hotel(Thessaloniki)
US$42
US$37
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

US$85
US$81
Amalia Hotel(Thessaloniki)
US$60
  • Room Service
Alexandria Hotel(Thessaloniki)
All reviewsshuttle busnice hotelcity centrebreakfast and dinnerpresidential suitemeeting roomsister hotelevery hourthe hotel offersrooms are largestayed one nightbusiness tripbed was very comfortablesmall balconypleasant staynice breakfastthree nights
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

As others have highlighted this Hotel is miles from the city centre, although a mini bus runs from 1000 everyday, which is a bit late if here on business. Oh and during my week they often cancelled runs which was annoying.

The public rooms in the Hotel are clean and look good, the reception staff were friendly, chatty and a real pleasure.

Bedrooms, these are tired, small & dated. Felt a little like a B&B rather than a hotel. The room was so small I had to sit on my bed all the time, albeit there was an arm chair & a writing bureau shoved in a corner. I will go as far as saying it was dreadful.

Now my particular hate of this hotel is the dinning room. The word customer service does not exist, indeed one evening I went to purchase a meal and after 25 mins I was still sat at the table being utterly ignored. Staff were present but running around in a panic. Breakfast was like a free for all, some visitors had manners like this was the last meal they would Ever have!! Again, try and get a cup of tea or coffee from the staff. You had to track them down. So I had one evening meal, was very good food well done chef but dreadful service. Gave up on second meal after 25 mins as I said above & got a taxi into town, never went back as it was like faulty towers with Basil serving you (if this doesn’t make sense Google Faulty Towers).

In summery hotel needs an update & staff in dinning room need a supervisor. This is more a 3* than 5* After 7 nights I moved hotels as I didn’t want to have to go out to eat every night (I have a 6 week visit to Thessaloniki).

Oh the young lady running the Spa was polite, pleasant & good at her job as were the reception staff. Just such a shame the restaurant is run like a truck stop!!! I will not be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Eleni L, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Grand Hotel Palace Thessaloniki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Marcus F,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor. We are very glad to hear that you were satisfied with hotel's aspect. It is also fantastic to know that you received the genuine and caring service you deserve from our “friendly and chatty” staff from the reception. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with the entire team. I know everybody will be incredibly proud.

Kindly be advised that as the area that the hotel is located is not heavily populated, it gave us the chance to provide you with the most spacious rooms that you could find in a city hotel. Furthermore, our complimentary shuttle service is at your disposal for your transfer to the city center and back during the day.

Additionally, we would like to inform you that we are already under constructions to do up and upgrade our high qaulity services and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the negative impression you had experienced with the service you met at our restaurant. Rest assured that your comments are forwarded to the members of administration team to provide hotel's staff with more specialized training programs.
Constructive feedback such as yours is always motivating us to continue to strive for excellent service, and monitor day to day operation.

Thank you for staying at Grand Hotel Palace and we hope we will have the chance to accommodate you again and revise your impression.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We stayed at the hotel during the first week of July 2018 as part of an organized tour.

We spent 4 nights at this hotel during the first week of July 2018. While I agree that the hotel is in a commercial area relatively far from the middle of the city, surely this is known to anyone who chooses to stay here. We did not use the shuttle as we were part of an organized tour. However, we did take taxis in the evening to and from the city (8 Euro and 4 Euro respectively for 4 people). Our room (135), which faced the back (no view), was clean and quiet and had no odor, even when the door to the balcony was open. Yes, the rooms may not have the most modern décor but the bed was very comfortable. There was certainly a variety of food at breakfast and in the evening, although nothing spectacular. True, the food was never hot, only lukewarm, but this did not bother me personally. One morning there was a line at breakfast, but that can happen in any hotel. The staff in the dining room and in the rest of the hotel was courteous, pleasant, and helpful. I understood from the staff that the pool is not always open; friends who looked at it said that it was very small. At present, the hotel is undergoing renovation, which will hopefully bring it up to the level of a 5-star premises.

Stayed: July 2018
Eleni L, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Grand Hotel Palace Thessaloniki, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear ArnaModiinIsrael,

Thank you very much for choosing Grand Hotel Palace for your recent stay. We really appreciate your time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our rooms and "our comfortable beds". It is also fantastic to know that you received the genuine and caring service you deserve from our “courteous, pleasant and helpful” staff. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with the entire team. I know everybody will be incredibly proud.
Regarding the location, kindly be advised that as the area that the hotel is located is not heavily populated, it gave us the chance to provide you with the most spacious rooms that you could find in a city hotel. Furthermore, our complimentary shuttle service with capacity 19 people is at your disposal for your transfer to the city center and back during the day.
Additionally, we would like to inform you that the swimming pool's size is prescribed for relaxation. We absolutely care with a passion about life here and we want all our guests to feel like they are staying in a dear friends home, not just a hotel.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

Thank you very much for staying at Grand Hotel Palace and hope to accommodate you whenever your travel plans bring you back to Thessaloniki.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Very average hotel. The reception desk did not have the bill correct. I had to explain my justification.
Does not merit 5 star rating. The food was just fine - not deserving of hotel rating.
The elevator not functional
The location was very poor.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Eleni L, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Grand Hotel Palace Thessaloniki, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear anejaap,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We are very sad that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the negative impression you had experienced with the reception desk.
Regarding the area, kindly be advised that as the area that the hotel is located is not heavily populated, it gave us the chance to provide you with the most spacious rooms that you could find in a city hotel. Furthermore, our complimentary shuttle service is at your disposal for your transfer to the city center and back during the day.

Additionally, we are very happy to inform you that we are already under constructions to do up all of our rooms and provide you with high standards services and facilities. All improvements are carried out with the aim of optimizing and upgrading our hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We booked this for a short stay but wanted to stay 5 star as my husband would be working in the room for most of our stay and I wanted somewhere to relax. We have been to the City before and having looked at various websites all described this hotel as 5star and the photo's bigged it up. So, we booked. Price, £250 for 2 nights, 3 days with breakfast. Fair enough you might say. BUT the problems started when we looked for the hotel. On all the maps the hotel deceptively looks close enough to water/port and you'd think therefore there would be stuff to do. NO. We took the Airport shuttle bus that stopped outside the main bus terminal which purports to be a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We walked for what was more like 20 minutes in the heat with suitcases dragging behind us. It is not an easy route either, just dirt track and run down shops and industrial sites and then suddenly a hotel. Anyway, upon arrival the hotel is massive, clean and well presented from the outside. The lobby is huge and clean and modern and impressive. Despite booking a larger double on executive level with breakfast we were sent up (no one offered with our bags) to our room. A small twin which smelt musty. So I phoned reception to ask why we'd been sent to a twin when my booking was clearly for a double on the paperwork. I was first told I' booked a twin (the paperwork in front of me that went to them clearly said something else. Anyway, we were finally moved to a double on the executive level but on the other side of the building. The view from the balcony - a massive construction site. The room was roasting hot (no air con in any any room upon arrival), my husband had to log right into work. I was so disappointed with the surroundings. Industrial views from the hotel room, roasting hot, a tired looking room with old furniture, a pretty tired looking shower (no bath) and a sorry excuse for a minibar (a couple of bags of crisps in there and a few bottles). The water from the shower head was a dribble. I went to reception to check out any eating areas and the pool area and spa and it got worse. There was no where to eat and the receptionist told me there was no where outside of the hotel either, you had to get the shuttle bus from the hotel all the way into town to eat (the fact that the shuttle was free is neither here nor there, it needs to be)! I had bought my swimming togs with me so was looking forward to at least a swim. Level minus one in the lift I was told so I went down there to be greeted by a hallway full of boxes with pampers nappies in them two fire extinguishers and my heart sank. There was no staff in the "Health Club", no one anywhere, The sauna had a bench in front of it. I went back up to the room and my husband asked "what did you find". Nothing I said. So, I booked the hotel we stayed at last year and checked out! They still charged us for the lunch we had (35 euros) and we caught the shuttle bus the next day out of there and checked into the Excelsior in town. For those looking for quiet the hotel is good, but there is no entertainment, there are a lack of facilities, the rooms are tired, the breakfast is substandard (with staff rushing about walking into you and dropping things and no plates and empty dishes so you have to stand for ages and wait and still nothing comes). Glad we checked into the Excelsior, its central and near the water, the shops, the resultants and monuments.

In summary:

In the middle of no where.
Near construction sites either side.
Views of stagnant water on construction site.
Tired rooms, dreary and set in the 1960's - something your grandmother would like.
Spent all their money on the reception area.
Mishmash of food at breakfast and limited if you are a veggie.
Tables not turned quickly by staff.
Cutlery on the floor just left by staff.
Attention to detail lacking.
Not really a 5 star - just wants to be. Take a leaf out of Excelsior's service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front courtyard otherwise you will see what we did.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Eleni L, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Grand Hotel Palace Thessaloniki, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Kuldip M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Grand Hotel Palace.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our "huge, clean, modern and impressive lobby", but I was dismayed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your experience. I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations and that you encountered inconveniences upon arrival. Your experience does not reflect the Grand Hotel Palace standards of which we are usually so proud, which is why I will follow up on this matter with the entire team. If you would like to speak with us directly, please feel free to e-mail us at guestrelations@grandhotelpalace.gr. Someone from the team will reach out to you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived late with a large group of tourists
There was only one person at reception and no facility for queue control
The Pool is small so don’t expect to swim
Rooms and service is good
The shuttle doesn’t always work on return journey
Rooms are pleasant with modern bathroom and facilities
Good American breakfast

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear HOWARD R,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experiences through Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our service,rooms and mostly our breakfast as we believe is the most important meal of the day and your feedback makes us proud.

City center access becomes easier by taxi or by the shuttle bus service that we offer free of charge. Regarding the swimming pool's size kindly be advised that is made provision for relaxation.

We are sad to hear that you are not satisfied and so your feedback will be shared with our administration team to make sure we provide exceptional cleaning services to all of our guests.
Thank you for staying at Grand Hotel Palace and we hope to accommodate you whenever your travel needs brings you back to Thessaloniki.