““Best italian restaurant in thessaloniki””
Review of Ballaro

Ballaro
Ranked #205 of 1,137 Restaurants in Thessaloniki
Description: The most beautiful garden in Thessaloniki. Authentic Italian Food in Thessaloniki! The best Italian recipes that locals loved!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this restaurant on Thursday 28 of june the place was magnificent, the waiters are really helpful ,the fresh pasta with truffle and porcini “roerini” was incredible !!! I loved this place . I hiden treasure in the city center!!!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

we tried many 'so called' italians in greece from corfu to athens and mykonos - for sure one of our top three all over greece! for the first time there yesterday but not for the last // excellent & firendly communication as for our reservation. warm and friendly welcome. the location is fantastic - the food of very high quality and as well the wines - to be mentioned here - vassilis you rock with your wine explanations! the kitchen sure sent our taste buds dancing. we will sure come back! bravissimi!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We left here feeling disappointed. The restaurant is in a pretty area of the city and the staff were pretty good. Our Caprese Salad starter was OK. For mains, I ordered the special of the day which was lasagne with vegetables and it was really dry. My wife enjoyed the her pasta dish and our desserts of tiramisu and Panna Cotta were good.

Pricing wise in relation to other restaurants in the city, above average and in my opinion, there are better Italian restaurants.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Very nice italian deli and restaurant. We got a speck and gorgonzola platter that is was very good. The fennel salad that it was nothing special. And a bistecca alla fiorentina that came overcooked and it was shame. They have a very good wine list

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I was very satisfied at the first visit so I wanted to visit again with the hope that the service would get improved
Unfortunately I noticed no improvement, particulalry in the service
Unexperienced personnel that could not have a follow up of the customers and the tables
They were friendly and polite but this is not enough when you are trying for 30 minutes to get visual contact for ordering
The food is good but there was no improvement either