“Avoid if you can”
Review of Hotel Metropol

Hotel Metropol
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Larisa
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

It is cheap and it is central to the town but hard to believe there is nothing better. Perhaps our stay was best exemplified by my taking the TV remote to reception to have the batteries changed. The receptionist handed it to a guy next to her who took the batteries out and played a spot the Queen game fiddling about in drawers before eventually putting the original batteries back and returning it to me. Either he hoped I didn't notice or else he confused himself.

The room was basic. No cupboards and at the front of the hotel. I was woken by rubbish clearing or similar at about 1am that continued for half an hour. Woken again at 7 by people fitting a new shop sign. Friends on the other side were woken at 7 by roofers.

Bed was OK. Shower and toilet functional. Breakfast basic. So bring ear plugs and you might be OK.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 October 2017

At the heart of the city, excessive traffic, very good value, breakfast moderate, good service, cleanliness tolerated,offers parking,advance payment, clean WC, moderate roompleasant atmosphere , good for professional reasons .

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 26 January 2017

My opinion is going to be in english because of the worst service experience me and my fiance have so other people not only greek to find it useful or not . My reservation was made by phone a day before my arrival and so i was assured that we are going to have our room ready at 7.30am. the arrival time time of us from Athens to Larisa for a business trip.
1. We arrived at 7.45am (15 minutes later from the agreed time) and my fiance was informed that the hotel didnt expect us so early and the room is not ready! After a conversation that was made my fiance agreed to move to another room.
2. After the room change, my fiance went to sleep and about 2 hours later the door opened and the maid went into the room!
3. The final scene took place at the reception minutes after the maid got into the room where the hotel manager told my fiance after the complaints she made that we only do it to get discount, that we are at a public place ( reception ) and we cant discuss it here and what is my fiance's profession?? What's the point of all this??

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Rude receptionist. We arrived very late, sleepy and tired of driving. He was so slow while we are checking in. Kept us waiting for 20 mins. Rooms are so old and ground floor carpet is dirty and dusty.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Beds were okay. The location is perfect, central and all around there are lots of everything. The reception and communication with the staff was fine.

The breakfast was decent. It was not a totally clean room as I found balls of hair of someone else's stay and inside the bathtub I saw something small walking around. I didn't feel comfortable about it.

Room Tip: Located on center