All reviews homemade jams eggs mountain biking small forest outdoor activities the grill bread pleasant surprise yogurt within walking distance denmark woods bo summer hosts touch lakes
Reviewed 29 April 2018

A beautiful hotel situated right in the middle of the forest and only a short stroll from the most wonderful white sandy beach.
The rooms are large and nicely decorated with a wonderful view over the small river that runs through the hotel garden and the minigolf course.
Breakfast is an excellent buffet with homemade jams, preserves and bread and all of the staff was really friendly and helpful.
This is definitely a place we will consider coming back to.

Room tip: Go for a large double room and ask for a view of the river.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel Skovly is beautifully located in a small forest and the houses sit beautifully surrounded by trees. The staff (owners and family?) are super friendly and relaxed. We stayed for two nights in one of simpler rooms - standard was ok and rooms simple but very good for the price. The dinner grill buffet was excellent, we don't often eat at the same place two nights in a row, but they were so sweet and the food very good so we did this time. In my opinion they should charge more for the buffet. Breakfast was also good.

The surrounding forrest is very beautiful with diverse areas, lakes (excellent for swimming) and several trails for walking or mountain biking. We did both and hired bicycles from the hotel. We are not experience riders but quite sporty and had no troubles riding the trails, which was great fun. The beach is close by and very pretty.

All in all a wonderful stay and we really recommend Hotel Skovly.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LonepigeDenmark, Ejer at Hotel Skovly, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you for your friendly review. We do have a family-driven hotel - and sometimes our 2 sons are helping out, as well. We are happy that you enjoyed our mountain bike trail - a small cozy 7,5 km route through the wonderful nature of Bornholm.

We really appreciate that you liked our breakfast and BBQ-buffet - it is important for us to make everything homemade.

Next time you come to our lovely hotel we will upgrade you to one of our 20 Premium double rooms which are 35 m2.

We wish you a warm summer - and hope to welcoming you again at Hotel Skovly.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in the forest and very close to the beach. Their food is all locally made and fresh. Highly recommend the all you can eat BBQ - delicious! You can rent bikes from the hotel and enjoy the rides around the hotel, through the forests and to the beaches.

Trip type: Travelled with family
LonepigeDenmark, Ejer at Hotel Skovly, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you so much for your nice review. We are happy that you liked our lovely Hotel Skovly. We wish you and your family a warm summer - and we are looking forward to seeing you again at Hotel Skovly, at beautiful Bornholm.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Skovly with my siblings, and was beyond delighted to find that the hosts were so welcoming and friendly!

In this post, I will touch on 3 most important aspect of my stay that made me give Hotel Skovly a 5-star rating and a 10/10 recommendation:

A) OVERALL IMPRESSION
My 4d3n stay at Hotel Skovly was nothing short of excellent; the quaint place with its cobblestones and wooden signboard with the words "Hotel Skovly" carved into it in cursive was a testament to how well-kept the hotel was. Other than that, the rooms we stayed in were very comfortable; the pillows and matresses felt like clouds!

B) FOOD

The food was absolutely amazing - the buffet breakfast saw us (me, especially) feasting nonstop on the homemade bread because it was *that* good. The breakfast lounge was small, and yet, to my pleasant surprise, the options of food were not AT ALL limited. Yoghurt, muesli, oats, homemade breads fresh from the oven, waffles, cheeses, croissants, hams, salamis, fruits, eggs, milk, cereals, teas - there was even chocolate! I doubt there are any other breakfast places that can top the many options of breakfast food Hotel Skovly has!

Oh, and I haven't even begun on the BBQ Buffet that is done every day in the summer except on Sundays. We had grilled potatoes, pulled pork and grilled ribs and grilled chicken and grilled sausages and even grilled veal. Of course, after receiving such amazing service and treatment from the hotel, I did not expect less than these dishes to be served smokin' hot off the grill - and I was not disappointed at all! The food was fantastic, as per my (unreasonably high) expectation, with a hearty serving of freshly tossed salad, tomato soup and warm bread.

C) THE SCENERY

Just by walking around the compound of the hotel, you'll find yourself breathing in the crisp, refreshing air that is native to the Danish land and stepping through occasional grasslands, occasional cobblestones. All the while, your eyes will be drawn to the majestic view of nature - her sprawling forests that forms the outskirts of the hotel, forming a natural protective barrier; the wide, open skies that seem to put you at ease with yourself and the world; the delightful river that marks the end of the cobblestones and the beginning of the woods that snakes off into the nearby sea; and the sea itself, not even a 5 minute walk on the forest trail - sparkling and ominous, sometimes gentle, sometimes rough, but always beautiful.

Truly, if you want to visit Bornholm, or if you want to take a break from the hectic pace of your world, or if you're looking for a heal for heartbreak (or honestly, for any other reasons at all that brings you to Bornholm), there isn't any other location that will be as perfect as Hotel Skovly. My siblings and I LOVED it.

And I expect you will, too!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie T
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Breathtaking scenery,peaceful and quiet surroundings, beach and lake within walking distance, friendly dogs, helpful owners, delicious food, local draft beer, clean and comfortable rooms. Basically everything you ever need for the perfect getaway in Bornholm.

• Trip type: Travelled with family