4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$97
Hotels.comUS$97
CheapTicketsUS$97
Orbitz.comUS$97
TravelocityUS$97
FindHotelUS$97
All reviews corner room nyhavn canal great location within walking distance breakfast was included metro station major attractions bed was very comfortable reception area luggage denmark
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

The Location was really good. The hotel was right beside the Nyhavn Canal extension. The first afternoon we arrived we took a canal boat tour which docked about three minutes from the hotel.

On the other side of the canal, there was a row of outdoor restaurants that we ate at every night which had a nice view of boats.

It was within walking distance of all the major attractions and nice shopping. It felt safe. There was a bus stop right beside the hotel that was nonstop to the central train station.

They had a very nice buffet breakfast. They managed the number for Covid protection and had plastic disposable gloves that were required to be used when getting food at the Buffet. The front desk staff were very helpful with questions.

The room was large and extremely clean. It had lots of room for storage and 2 luggage racks. The bed was very comfortable. The curtains were black-out style so it was nice to sleep.

Room tip: Can regularly rain and drizzle do be prepared There are many many bikes in dedicated bike lanes that can be going so be alert when crossing
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Typical-60plus
Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

The hotel is in a great central location, next to canal restaurant and close to waking-distance points of interest and a central metro station. It takes a 20 min walk or a quick subway ride to the central train station.
It is a nice old building outside, and I was excited about that; but inside is modern basic clean hotel. The room was compact, with the essential basics. Basic continental breakfast fare.

Room tip: It has available parking, I imagine limited. Great for waking to dining options and points of interest
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ztraveladdict
Reviewed 16 August 2021

Cannot say enough about the staff and facilities here. We were using this as our base for a relatively long stay in Copenhagen (9 nights) and we enjoyed how central it was for the rest of our touring exploits. Ideal for finding places to eat, shop, and just walk around this great city. The people watching is great on the Nyhavn canal. Staff were friendly and helpful -- particularly when it came to helping us find locations for our Covid tests to leave the country, local laundry services, and transport. We paid for a canal view and were not disappointed. Despite the traffic on the street and the water it was really quiet in the room; the windows are well insulated. Breakfast was included and the choices were pretty standard. Nothing to write home about, but enough to get you going. Honestly not sure how another place in Copenhagen could match this for convenience, color, and downright joy.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank BethH957
Reviewed 4 March 2021

On our way back from Greece during the Coronavirus lock down, we had a stopover in Copenhagen. My wife had the idea of making or short stopover a much longer one by staying 4 days/3 Nights in Copenhagen from October 5th through the 8th. It was a really great decision. Copenhagen is a beautiful city with many great things to see so I am sure we would have loved the experience of going to Copenhagen regardless of where we stayed but when the hotel is great, it makes everything better. We stayed in a hotel just like that, the Hotel Bethel. It's a beautiful hotel located right in the center of everything. My wife and I could walk to every attraction from our hotel and we did that every day. The hotel is right on the Nyhavn Canal and we got a corner room with a canal view. It was spectacular. We were also within minutes of walking to Amalienborg (the home of the Danish royal family) and the canal tours. Everything was within walking distance from the hotel. As beautiful as the hotel and its surrounding are, the staff eclipse them all. The staff at the Hotel Bethel is truly top notch. They seem to love being in the people business and it shows. They were very friendly and helpful. When we got there, we were greeted by Anja and she made us feel very welcomed and went out of her way to show us the features of our room. Then, each evening we were lucky enough to have Miriam working and she was just fantastic. She was an absolute joy to talk with. She told us about the history of Copenhagen better than any tour guide could have. Both Anja & Miriam gave us great suggestions on what sights to see, where to eat and when was the best time to do all of those things. Each morning we had a great breakfast served by Violeta who was very sweet and pleasant and never made me feel bad for taking extras since as an American, I am used to bigger portions. Since we were there during the pandemic and Americans were not allowed in the country, I was even more appreciative by their genuine hospitality. I was able to go to Greece since my wife is Greek but Denmark wasn't open to me and I was very lucky that I got a very nice border agent who let me in after I proved I had a series a clean tests before entering. Everyone member of the staff that we met were all just beautiful people and they truly made the whole experience that much better for us. Thank you Anja, Miriam & Violeta and everyone else at the Hotel Bethel for making our stay in Copenhagen magical!

Room tip: Canal view rooms are the best.
Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 24 September 2020

We had two night here as a family and found the location to be ideal. Nyhavn is a great place to stay with lovely food and drink nearby. Walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The rooms are OK, good for a couple of nights and the prices were OK for the Danish capital. Not sure if breakfast is always served this way - or just during Covid-19 times, but being served with each part of the buffet was very odd and felt like you were being policed by what you could have. Staff were lovely and friendly and I would recommend to others.

Date of stay: September 2020