Hotel du Vin(Brighton)
US$252
US$309
US$299
  • Beachfront
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$158
Hotel Pelirocco(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Beachfront
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$267
  • Pool
YHA Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Restaurant
Sea Breeze Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$134
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshonesty barfour poster bedplentiful hot waterstained glass windowsbrunswick squareno liftfamily roomlisted buildingbrighton marathonperiod featurescentral brightonlower floorpay and displaylocation is fantasticshort strollhome away from homeup to date
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Ok - so what can I tell you about this place...

Firstly, its in a fantastic location in the Brunswick area of Hove, a short stroll to the sea and the many lovely amenities of Hove. I even had a fantastic sea view. The owner was lovely and very helpful.

The decor is really lovely when you come in and in the common areas. It has a fab 'honesty bar' by the ground floor entrance which I took advantage of. So much better than having expensive fridge in your room. Nice place to hang out in the bar but unfortunately I was on a tight schedule so didn't have much time to do this. I guess this is where you have breakfast too - but I didn't indulge in this.

My room was up a few flights of stairs on the second floor. Not great with a heavy bag, but its an old building and I can see that it would be difficult to put in a lift. The bonus of having a room up there was that I got a great view and it was nice and quiet - but if you are of limited mobility I would ask for a room on a lower floor. The couple coming in before me were elderly and struggling with their luggage - the receptionist helped them take their bags upstairs.

So to my room - well was not sure what to make of it at first. I paid extra for a superior room with sea view and it had a huge 4 poster bed. However the bed was really high and had to clamber into it and I'm quite tall. Someone smaller might have to run and jump to get in!! Also it was really disappointing once in as I found it creaky, hard and lumpy and so I decamped to the single bed also in the room serving as a place to sit and watch the TV. This bed was fantastically comfy and as it was only me staying I slept on there the 2 nights. there was also the added benefit of a great view from the bed.

The decor in the room was at best eclectic and at worst dated and worn out. For a superior room I would have thought every effort would have been made to make it the best you had to offer. I'm not a matchy matchy sort of person, but absolutely nothing seemed to match anything. Loud carpet, old and not in an antique way wardrobes and drawers with missing handles, stains, etc. Just really weird as the owners obviously now what good design is from the entrance and common areas.

The bathroom was quirky - retro corner bath with shower attachment over. All nice and clean but just difficult to manoevre in the bathroom. Nowhere to put toiletries other than the top of the toilet.

Having said all that - I had a lovely stay and slept fantastically well both nights on the little single. But if I had paid for a romantic weekend with the lumpy 4 poster I would have been somewhat disappointed to say the least.

I am giving 4 stars as I did actually like it, loved the location, was a great price and would go back but maybe not same room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Brunswick H, Manager at Brunswick Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Gabrielle, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us four stars. We are pleased that there was much about the hotel that you enjoyed, like the honesty bar, which we think is great addition to our guest lounge and offers drinks at competitive rates, whenever you fancy. We are also really glad that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, we strive very hard to offer a very personable service and a friendly, welcoming, family atmosphere. Your critique of the room is all useful info and we have in fact updated the mattress in the room you stayed in. As for the decor, we are working on it, room by room we are slowly refurbishing, bringing a fresh look and updating the facilities. Some of our rooms have been very beautifully modernised, perhaps you will try one of those the next time you come to stay. Unfortunately though, we will never be able to fit a lift, we are a listed building and to do the kind of work that would require an elevator, would be very detrimental to the very fabric of this beautiful old Regency house. We do advise on our website and literature that if people have mobility issues to talk directly to us so that we can ensure a room on a lower floor, we want our guests to have the best possible experience when they choose to stay with us. Kind regards, Trine and the Brunswick Team.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Within 5 steps of stepping over the threshhold you sense a warm friendly inviting atmosphere. Original wood floors meet clean tall walls filled with pictures of Brighton, original features on the ceilings all of which could tell a thousand stories of times gone by if only they can talk, which of course they can't so it's good that Ronette the owner gives a warm welcome to visitors, the room we stayed in was very comfortable, on suite bath with shower, flat screen TV, the bed was comfortable with crisp clean sheets. We had views of Brunswick square and the sea from our room. Back downstairs is an honesty bar where you serve yourself and write what you had along with your room number. We had breakfast on offer croissants, full english, toast, fresh juice and toast. I found that having spent just one night in this hotel recharged the batteries in what is a busy life and that can only be put down to the hard work and warm welcome of a wonderful team. Would recommend this place over holiday inn, mercure or any chain.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank butch2474
Brunswick H, Manager at Brunswick Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you butch2474 for the wonderful review and score that you have given us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay from the moment you arrived until you left, and that you felt recharged after staying with us. We like to think that we offer a welcoming home from home to our guests, comfort, cleanliness, friendly welcome, knowledge of the local area and a plentiful breakfast. Do come back and see us again. Kind regards, Trine and the Brunswick Team.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a lovely family room that had been refurbished. Staff all very friendly. Loved the honesty bar and the decor. We had breakfast one morning which was freshly cooked and very tasty. Location is fab - we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you 1aj123 for your glowing review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found so many positives to share in your review. We are refurbishing our rooms bit by bit, we are really glad that you liked the room you stayed in and that you partook in our hearty, fresh and filling breakfast. Would be lovely to welcome you back one day. Kind regards, Trine and Brunswick Team.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Excellent position, just up from the seafront. Parking is a nightmare, but at least you are just in Hove (slightly cheaper!). Very convenient for all the sights to enjoy. Walk up to main road to catch bus into Brighton town. Lovely young helpful friendly staff. The single room was attractive, not tucked away at the back with no view as often the way, slightly quirky decoration (a nice feature of the hotel), good shower although bathroom not for the oversized. Hairdryer on request. Choice of continental or full English breakfast ordered night before. Good value, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you OxfordHolly for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. You're right in that parking is a nightmare in Brighton and Hove, we try to make it a bit better by offering free parking to our guests at the weekends, at a short walk from the hotel. Pleased that you liked the decor of the room, with our singles we have tried to design them as ergonomically as possible, but there is a lot to fit in a small space. We are indeed very lucky with an enviable location, close to the seafront and only a short walk or bus ride away from the hustle and bustle of Brighton city centre. We would love to host you again, do come back and see us. Kind regards, Trine and Brunswick Team.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Very friendly warm and inviting staff. Rooms functional and oldie world. Bedroom had a great four poster bed and stained glass windows. Excellent English breakfast or could have selection of cereals or continental breakfast. Will visit again. Thank you for an enjoyable weekend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo