Heywood Hall(Denstone)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I booked a double room for me and my boyfriend for during the week for a suprize trip for our anniversary. The booking was easy with no need for a deposit (but i think that you do if you book a while before you go) as i booked 5 days before we went.

It is set in beautiful scenery, countryside with fields and quiet roads. I wanted to stay here because of the convenience of it being stated 3 miles away from Alton Towers, which it is. There are a few pubs dotted around for tea (no take-aways to be taken into the rooms, which is fair enough).

The room we stayed in was gorgeous! Clean, fresh, very big en-suit room with double bed, single bed, wardrob&drawers, colour screene plasma tv! and a sofa! yes a sofa !There was also a large mirror and tea and coffee with kettle and cups. just shows how big the room is! The bed coverings were lovely, clean and colourful, and the en-suit bathroom with bath, shower, sink, toilet and cupboard was very clean and gleaming! fresh towels and soap (which was for sensitive skin :D ), shampoo, two clean glasses and radiator. All fantastically clean and shiney!

The couple who own the guest house are very friendly and welcoming. They chat enough to you so as not to seem rude and ignore you, but not too much so that still have a bit of your own privacy :)

We both had a full english breakfast each and it was very tastey! two rashers of bacon, one sausage (nice and herby), fried egg, hash brown, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms and toast with jams and spreads. we also had cereal and orange juice to start with. all cooked to perfection and extremely good value for the price.

Over all this Guest house was the best place I'v had a short stay in, friendly, convenient, clean and homely and great value which was £45 for one night in a double en-suit with two full english breakfasts.

The well known hotels are nice, but they are more expensive, in less convienient locations and dont inclued breakfast! so I'd say this place is much better and cheaper!

I'm suprized no-one has written a review about this plave yet. If your planning on goin to Alton towers, this is the place to stay.

10/10 :)

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)