2,916 results
All reviews the mexican restaurant concert hall table restaurant floor to ceiling windows corner room great hotel top floor big hotel central station superior room great room excellent stay turning torso old town comfortable bed modern hotel breakfast buffet
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had an awesome time in Malmo thanks to the Clarion hotel and staff. We really enjoyed everything! Lots to do in Malmo and a day trip to Lund is a good idea too. Borrowed bikes from the hotel and had a great 3 hour tour ride around Malmo!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Jens L, Hotelldirektör at Clarion Hotel & Congress Malmo Live, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear wlaris789133,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Your amazing words about the staff makes me so proud! I hope to welcome you soon again!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Rooms are correctly equipped but awfully small...almost impossible to circulate inside de room or to open the iron board without moving furnitures. Small bathroom as well. Breakfast acceptable. Personal items disappeared from the fridge and when I called just after my checkout when I realized I forgot it, it was impossible to find it... housekeeping obviously took it and refused to turn it back to the reception which is not acceptable !!! Lack of honesty !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear PhilFrenchRiviera,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I would like to get in contact with you to get all details. Please e-mail me at jens.lyckman@choice.se so we can make the proper improvements. Welcome back to us, I know we will convince you!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had a fantastic stay for a romantic getaway and had the pleasure staying at the 20. floor with a view over the City and to Øresund. We also enjoyed the lovely sunday brunch, with all kinds of specialites

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mille_Lau,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful stay with us! Welcome back soon again!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The hotel is located near the centre and near the bay and also near central station which is great if you also want to visit Kopenhagen. Service is great in this hotel, very friendly and helpful (next to giving suggestions on things to do the reception clerk looked into the train schedule for a trip to outside Malmö). The rooms were nice and the breakfast was amazing. Also definitely try the restaurant on the top floor if you want good food with a great view of the bay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Justin260,

Thank you for your lovely review! I´m so proud and happy reading your wonderful words! I hope to welcome you soon again!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I will start with the positive traits of this hotel:

Mesmerizing views from the Kitchen and Table restaurant!!
It was quite late so they were not serving food anymore but a very polite hostess allowed us to sit in the area right next to the window to order drinks.

Huge breakfast spread with delicious fresh bread, a lot of savory treats and yummy mini waffles that you make yourself.
The best breakfast I have ever had in Sweden.

The decor in the common facilities is beautiful and eye-catching.

Smoothest check-out by a lovely receptionist.

Few members of the personnel in the reception go the extra mile to fulfill your room requirements.

Location of the hotel is convenient.

Negative aspects of the hotel:

We had to change the room three times within an hour until an acceptable solution could be found. I was informed during check-in that the higher floors are fully booked but he would do his best to give us a room with sea view. What we got was a room on the sixth floor overlooking a rooftop. I go back to say that I cannot accept this and they say best and final is a room on the 4th floor not overlooking a rooftop. Still very disappointed to get such a low floor out of 25. I could have gone to any other hotel in the city if I were to stay on a 4th floor.

Finally, my mother decided to try our luck and she visited the reception again. Thanks to a very helpful man named Johan, he got us a corner room on the 9th floor with full-length windows providing views to a big part of the city. Thanks Johan!

The general cleanliness in the hotel is a big issue. The armchairs had stains on them, nightstands were full of dust and the corridors leading to the rooms smelled quite bad. On top of that, the towels in the bathroom are blue(-ish). How are we supposed to trust that they are clean if we cannot see? We felt so disgusted by the overall presence of dirt that we decided to air dry our hands and face not to touch anything nasty. If you pay close attention to the common areas, the sofas are also dirty despite the distracting flashy interior.

Tiny twin beds with gigantic uncomfortable pillows. This is a Clarion thing, I have noticed the pattern in their other hotels.

Overall, it is a nice hotel to visit the Skybar/K&T and have brunch but I strongly advise not to stay in their rooms.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sawny,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Your lovely words about the staff makes me so proud! You can pay an additional 350 SEK upon booking request to be guaranteed a room on the higher floors. If you request this when making your reservation, we can meet your wishes much easier. We do have white towels, just ask the reception next time and they will help you! I hope to welcome you soon again, I know we will give you an unforgettable stay!