“Lovely setting, tasty food”
Review of Emeraude

Emeraude
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Hampton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I chose the cauliflower dish and was amazed to receive a whole cauliflower: it was so tasty and enough to share with my husband and friend. The mushroom soup was another treat. I like the emphasis on locally sourced ingredients so you are supporting local businesses. This country cafe gives outstanding service and you cannot pass up one of the wonderful dessert cakes. Definitely a place to return to - and often

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was pretty good, well priced and beautifully presented. Service staff were not as friendly as they probably should have been. The waitress that served us couldn't answer any of my questions about what was in each menu item as i was looking for a low carb meal. Ended up getting what i thought was low carb and it had hash browns on the plate. One draw back is that the menu is very comprehensive and hard to understand.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A most pleasant atmosphere; lovely flower arrangements; very friendly and efficient staff; a greatt menu selection; large, tasty meals at reasonable prices; We ate inside but there are also tables on the verandah and in the garden. Best to book.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have dined at Emeraude on three occasions. Each time has been an experience to remember and tell others about.
The greeting upon arriving has always been impeccable and inviting. The ambiance is beautiful and relaxing. Some music that is both listenable but also background that allows easy conversation plays in the background. Amazingly, indoors, conversations at other tables seem remote.
The food is second to none. On the three occasions, everything has been to perfection. This spans since September 2017 to June 2018.
The last experience was on the 9th of June 2018.
I had booked a table for two for my partner and I at 6pm.
On arrival, Ruby, our waitress met us at the door with a formal greeting and directed us to our table near the lovely fireplace.
We were presented with menus, water and some time to consider.
We ordered the 5 hour slow cooked hogget (one year older than lamb...more flavoursome!) and left the accompanying wine decision to what the chef recommended.
We were presented with an option to taste the wine before committing to it...however it met our expectations perfectly. (A lovely Victorian Shiraz.).
We were asked if we would like the wine before or with the meal.
The meal arrived and neither of us could fault it. Absolutely the finest dish!
We have both experienced a range of restaurants in Australian cities and overseas.
The taste, texture and flavour combination were a delight.
Dessert was Emeraud's Creme brule'. With the beautifully perfect poached pear, a divine dessert, followed by a lovely coffee and port.
The Chef, Amanda, knows her craft, is obviously devoted to perfection and this is reflected in the flavours, textures and the choice of cuisine presented.
Our waitress, Ruby, accommodated all of our requests with courteousy and professionalism not found in all but the finest restaurants. Oliver, our Front of House, made sure our experience was faultless.
We will continue to travel and dine at one of Australia's finest restaurants.
Thank you, Emeraude, for a place to experience wonderful food, amazing tastes and exceptional service.

2  Thank mikeibis777
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The best gluten free breakfast I have ever had! Delicious gf doughnuts with so much goodness on top. Menu is amazing...reminds me of something I would find in Sydney. Great to see local produce being sourced and used to create a wonderful menu. Will be a regular from now on.