All reviews the pub train station scrambled eggs juice many choices breakfast was excellent the ground floor very nice hotel great place to stay could have been better beautiful lake checking in double bed half an hour a wee bit an upgrade stay there again
Reviewed 3 September 2015

This is a lovely hotel within a short walk from the station, the lake, cathedral and shopping area. About a 25 minutes walk from the sports stadia.The reception area was impressive with very friendly and helpful staff. The room was well furnished and the bathroom a good size. The downside was that as I was staying with my son, requested twin beds but found that it was only queensize. The other drawback was the room was situated on a corner and having left the window open overnight (the weather was very warm) we were woken early to the sound of delivery vehicles unloading. The breakast which included hot food was excellent value. We were late but the staff were happy to accomodate us. We were only staying for one night but would recommend this hotel to anyone else. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid a corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Excellent hotel, staff was helpfull and friendly, great breakfast with everything you can wish for, room and bathroom perfect, middle of center, good place to start your excursions in the surroundings... just book and go :)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Elite Hotels of Sweden
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Stadshotellet Växjö is an OK hotel. The staff is friendly and the building itself is very well kept. I like it – especially the breakfast. However, although my room was nice, it was very warm and I experienced that the air wasn't the best. The street outside my room was not silent enough for me to open the window...

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is as far from the bar as possible, at least during summer.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2015

This hotel is a gem. The rooms are well designed with comfortable beds. All the staff were very friendly and helped us to find our way around town on our 3 night stay. Breakfasts are amongst the best I have ever seen with a huge selection of delicious fresh ingredients. You can even juice your own oranges if you wish.

A quiet location but only a few minutes walk from the heart of Växjö. Shops, museums and cathedral are just a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2015

When my wife and I checked into this hotel for a 3 night stay, we immediately regretted it, due to the exceptionally cold and almost hostile attitude of the young lady at reception. We had considerable luggage and are far from young (I am 72), but she placed us in a room that was impossible to access without negotiating stairs. Dinner was not available during our stay and the buffet breakfast was way below average standard. This was really disappointing, as Vaxjo is my wife's home town.

Room Tip: Enquire whether you can get to the room without using stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family