“Quiet Home away from Home”

Elite Stadshotellet Vaxjo
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Vaxjo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I loved the bi-level and no curtain room. The bathroom was higher than my bedroom. Ceiling windows which could be a problem during summer when days are longer were a nice touch to me. They gave enough light during the day.
Breakfast was more than adequate. There were several free rental bikes available - they were very helpful for me in taking care of the last minute urgent issue.
Wished the gym was on premises. Whilst the gym that we can use is 2.5 blocks away, in rain and cold, it could feel a wee bit farther away. Once inside, they gym facility is equipped with a good selection of machines.
I even ate at the adjustment pub which apparently owned by the Elite Hotel. The same wifi works there. Good food and beer.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days during an official trip to Växjö. Excellent location of the hotel. The picturesque city centre is in a walking distance. Liked their restaurant and the options very much. Liked their options in continental cuisines a lot. I'm not a big fan of indian food when travelling abroad. Prefer the local cuisines as it mirrors the local culture. Dinner was bit pricey but liked it a lot. Expected some Swedish cuisine in the menu.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The hotel is a 2-minute walk from the train station. It has wide corridors, nice rooms and an historic feel. The stately white door to the room is heavy that I needed two arms to open it. Restaurants are within a few minutes. Bikes are available for guest use.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I am sure that my experience would have been different if I had been assigned an updated room, but I wasnt and thus am reviewing based on the room I had. After checking in I was in room 117 and my colleague in 116. We set off to find our rooms. After passing by his spacious, updated room I could not find 117. I went to the end of the hall where there was construction and didn't realize I had to pass into the construction zone. The carpet is partially torn up, the rooms that are under renovation in the hall Sprite to mine have doors open with extension cords and plastic everywhere. You can understand my confusion. I went down the hall a bit and found my room. Opened it to find the smallest room I think I have ever had, in all my travels throughout the world I do believe this was the smallest room. The dead bolt didn't work and would keep sticking. The view out the window was of a rusty scrap heap or something in the middle of the hotel. The bed was a tiny single in a tiny room. The lamp above the bed had the switch broken and dangling from the scorched socket. Just old, tired, small. But what really stuck in my craw was that I paid 30% more than my colleagues for the room and got 1/10 the room... Actually a room that should not be rented... Perhaps next time just say you are full and have no rooms available. I do realize that my colleagues booked earlier than I did, and blah, blah, blah. Suffice it to say this was a bad room, a disgrace really and I won't be back. The breakfast saved a star.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank RFA2249
Reviewed 2 September 2017

First leg of a long stay in sweden.
Perfect for families. An old church , museum , a beautiful lake, street music with good options for shopping, restaurants, and play areas in the surrounding vicinity.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family