“Anniversary dinner on last night”
Review of Bistro Bestick

Bistro Bestick
Ranked #15 of 3,420 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Norrmalm
Description: Bistro Bestick is a newly opened informal bistro in the heart of Stockholm's business district. Bistro Bestick serves traditional Swedish dishes as well as internationally-inspired cuisine. The menu on the blackboard changes daily to reflect the season. Classic Swedish food is served in the evenings. The vision of Bistro Bestick is to serve high-quality food at reasonable prices. The restaurant is also popular with the after-work crow because the bar offers carefully-chosen wines and cocktails.
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

I tried to get in the night before but we didn't have reservations. This is a rather small seating restaurant.
Tonight we were squeezed in before regular reservation hours took over.
We right away realized we were under dressed for this restaurant. It made no difference. Thank goodness because this place is special. A French trio was seated after us in "the same place as last night".
I ordered octopus as a starter which was called "grilled blackfish" on the receipt and my wife had "steak tartar".
Both were superior.
I ordered veal and my wife ordered meatballs. Both were outstanding.
We were well taken care of by our waiter. We were not hurried and thoroughly enjoyed our food and dining.
Upon returning to our hotel I used the receipt to help with the review and waiters name when I noticed I was charged for 8 cognacs when in fact it was two. I spent more time checking the receipt in case I paid for some else's but no, it was all what we ordered. I could not find the waiters name on the receipt.
I'm going to assume it was a typo as at $39K each it should have been $78K.
Other then the very bad typo or error or whatever this was an experience we thoroughly enjoyed.
Check you bill closely.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Unfortunately this restaurant was full of loud american tourists, which would normally put us off but we were starving! Glad we stayed because the meatballs were excellent - we both had them as realised on our last night we'd not actually had meatballs all holiday! Not bad value either. Wine was lovely and service good too.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Well located, not far from the Central Station, this restaurant lives up to its reputation. The menu provides an excellent choice of Swedish specialties and the wine list is top class. The food was as good as it sounded, and the service was professional and helpful. We would be happy to return.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

The service & food at this restaurant was outstanding . We had the Octopus as an entree which was exceptional . I had the Lamb & my wife the Swedish Meatballs as our main courses. Both meal were absolutely delicious. The deserts we had were Creme Brûlée & Rhubarb sorbet. These were fantastic. Overall a wonderful evening with exceptional food & service. Highly recommend

Reviewed 17 June 2016

We chanced on this restaurant in the neighborhood of our hotel. It was terrific in every way. The interior was inviting, the staff were welcoming, helpful and attentive, and the food was really outstanding. The staff clearly cared about what they are doing and the result is high quality, creative food. Delicious and beautifully presented. Worth a second trip while still in town.