“Great Location, wonderful service, nice restaurant and bar”

Hilton Stockholm Slussen
Ranked #49 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 25 September 2017

1 - Getting there. We stayed here in Sept 2017. Access from ARN airport is tricky - a drive through the countryside and a complicated drive to the hotel largely due to construction. We took a cab, so no worries there.

2 - Location. Perfect. You are on the outskirts of the city (behind you), but the bridge in front of you brings you to lovely Gamla Stan (Old Town). Also within walking distance to the ferries should you want to visit other islands. There are restuarants nearby (try the Blu Door right across the street), a supermarket, the Metro, the train station....all right there!

3 - Hotel - Lounges, bar, restaurant, gym, etc -
a) Lots of room in several lounges to hang out or have a drink or dinner that you brought in. Many of these spots have lovely views across the water to Gamla Stan. b) We ate at the restaurant one night and the ambiance was lovely, the food and service very good. One thing struck us as odd - instead of a bread basket, we were given a paper bag folded over at the top with several breads/crackers inside. Maybe it's a Swedish thing?? :)
c) Decent gym
d) The rooms were on the small side, but that is to be expected. They come equipped with a kettle and various teas/coffees and are certainly adequate, even if you have a lot of luggage.
e) There is a breakfast room that offers all of the traditional Swedish breakfast fare as well as typical western foods. We had so much fun trying everything!
f) Staff. I must say that the staff was helpful and extremely pleasant all the way around. I will call out Christian at the front desk who helped me with EVERYTHING, including how to get my not-so-great phone up and running. Thank you, Christian!!
Patryck at the front desk was also wonderful as was Eric in the bar.

We would absolutely stay here again! Sweden is lovely and I look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irk
Yulia T, Front Desk Agent at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Irk,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen for your recent stay and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, providing such a detailed feedback. We are delighted to read about your wonderful experience with us, and pleased to know that you have enjoyed most of the hotel´s features and services. Be assured your feedback gives us motivation to keep up the service filled with the light and warmth of hospitality. It will be also a pleasure to extend your kind compliments to the team members mentioned, who are, in turn, very appreciative. Once again, thank you for choosing Hilton Slussen and we are looking forward to see you back with us again very soon.

Kind regards,
Front Desk Agent – Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Write a ReviewReviews (3,007)

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stay at Hilton is always comfortable. Food at the onsite restaurant (Eken) is quite good in presentation, quality and quantity.
Sometimes the room service quality can differ based on other factors (but that is everywhere).
Staff is very helpful, I asked for a room change once and it was handled with minimal fuss.
Breakfast is good. Staff there also could be inconsistent but overall quite satisfactory.
Some rooms face one office block, so all you will ever see from your room is a wall and some dark windows. That's is my only dissatisfaction area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank milindagarkar

Dear milindagarkar,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen for your recent stay and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to see that you, overall, had a very pleasant stay with us, despite not meeting up with your expectations on some points - please allow me to extend my apologies for the inconvenience caused. Be assured your feedback is a great motivation and gives us even more enthusiasm in ensuring the service is consistent and our guests having the most pleasant time possible. Should you consider visiting Stockholm in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and it will be a pleasure to assist you with selecting the room category up to your liking. I would personally suggest our Twin Deluxe View rooms or the King Executive room, should you wish to gain the Executive Lounge access as well.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The location this hotel is the best in my opinion. It's just a short walk to Old Town maybe 10-15 minutes. And behind the hotel is lots of shops and eating places which is the opposite direction of Old Town although Old Town has a lot of restaurants also and then the opposite direction then that you can see the the lake and all the ships that are along the edge that have bars and hotels in them the scenery around this area is very nice

Now let's talk about the hotel the restaurants in the hotel we're very good I ate it at 8 at the one right next to the lobby very good. My room is quite small but that is what we expect in Europe. Us Americans are spoiled. I love the bathroom in the shower Hilton knows how to do it. The lobby is quite nice I also love the steps going down to the breakfast room have lights going across very very very nice. I will be staying at this hotel again

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Lewis B,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen and taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is truly a pleasure to know that you have spent such a pleasant time during your recent visit, enjoying most of the hotel´s features and services. Be assured your feedback is great motivation and stimulus for us to ensure our guests having the most pleasant time possible. Once again, thank you for choosing Hilton Slussen and we are looking forward to see you back with us again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Ten days at the Hilton and agin a good experience, in spite of the fact that around the corner major infrastructure works are goingon in Slussen. This time the hotel was unable to give me an upgrade for my diamond membership because it was fully booked. So we ended up in the main building at the back, without the magnificent view but with a room that had a much better distribution than the front rooms have. The restaurant has been refurbished and has become more stylish (Eken), and the bar has become more separate - good developments. In the lounge we were happy to see our two Philippina friends Heidi and Maritta, who run an excellent show. In summary, another wonderful ten days in Stockholm in our scrapbook.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear robert_bos53,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen once again, and taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you have spent such a pleasant time during your recent visit, enjoying most of the hotel´s features and services. It is always pleasant to receive positive comments from our loyal guests, especially when related to our valuable Diamond members. Be assured your kind feedback gives us motivation to keep up the service filled with the light and warmth of hospitality. Once again, thank you for your ongoing loyalty to Hilton family and we are looking forward to see you back with us again very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed here for one night for business trip. Access with car is really really hard due to the construction going on around the hotel, if you miss the entrance ( which is a closed street) you have to travel another 15 min to come back at the same spot and go in. The hotel is at the perfect spot for the touristic attractions but there is too many infrastructure construction going on which kills all the scenery and beauty around, the checkin was great, they even upgraded my room for free, the breakfast is good. The first reason why I will not stay again is that it is so worned out I never stayed in a hotel with this much awful carpet smell. This is definitely not Hilton quality. Secondly the car park is 43€ per night! I didn’t paid this much even in Miami or New York.
The facility is big and at the right place for touristic attractions but because of the reasons I mentioned above I will search for other options to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Seyahatnasihat,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen for your recent stay and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to see that you, overall, had a very pleasant stay with us, and sorry to read that we did not fully meet up with your expectations on some points. Be assured that your feedback remains the upmost importance for us, as we strive continuously to reach the excellence in our facilities and services provided. Our Housekeeping team has been informed of the issue and is working on it already to prevent the future occurence. I hope the negative experience will not deter your trust in Hilton and we can welcome you back in the future, should you change your mind. Once you consider visiting Stockholm again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly to ensure a more than excellent stay.