“Cool atmosphere and fantastic Thai food!”
Review of Farang

Farang
Ranked #55 of 3,420 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Our family went out together to celebrate my sister's birthday and she chose Farang which had been many of our "wish lists" for a while.

As we entered the restaurang and passed the bar into the main dining room, I got a definite "Lost Heaven" vibe (see my review from Shanghai). We were guided to a table in the middle of the dark but stylish room. As there were 7 of us, my dad was seated at the head of the table but unfortunately had trouble joining in the conversation as it was very loud (not so much the music as the sound from the kitchen, the background noise of a hundred people talking and eating). Bear in mind if you're dining with older friends or relatives.

As five of our party are vegetarian, they chose the vegetarian eight-course tasting menu. My wife and I chose the signature "Farang" eight-course tasting menu. This was no problem and they could still serve the courses - to share - at the same time. But first we got cocktails and they were a wonder to behold! My wife was very happy with her Singapore Sling and my mom loved her daiquiri. My ginger smash was pretty to look at but was mostly ice - three sips on the straw and it was all gone.

Then the beer and food starting arriving and almost everything was fantastic. A steady stream of fresh ricebowls are brought in but don't overindulge or you'll never make it through the tasting menu. From the (non-vegetarian) Farang menu, our favorites were the sashimi, the soft-shell crab and the caramalized pork but everything was very very good. The service was prompt and the waiter made a point of speaking loudly and clearly so we could hear his descriptions of the dishes over the din of the restaurant.

So all in all very happy. Only one dish (an extra green mango salad ordered on the side) was a bit too spicy as I got to (re)experience the morning after. Cool venue, good service, fabulous food and although very expensive (SEK 6,600 for the seven of us, no wine), the experience felt like it was worth it. Recommended!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

It is laud, it is crowded it is ...just perfect!
If you want to spoil your taste buds this is the place.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Farang is the place you’re looking for if you’re into sophisticated asian food. The objective is to order different kind of dishes and share it with everyone sitting at your table.
The service is wonderful and the food is delicious. Don’t order too much because they serve good portions.
It’s not cheap but it’s really worth it.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We where very fortunate to get a table, after being on the waiting list. we ate the 7 course sharing menu. Before we got our table, we visited the bar. The bar has excellent staff/barkeepers making a show and truly amazing drinks! their signature cocktail has a flaming lime on top. The bar is warmly recommends if you only want to try great cocktails. after a while our table was ready. we got excellent service all night through a fairytale of food. every course had exiting flavours and was a pleasant view. I recommend this restaurant for all that wants to experience the flavours and great atmosphere at Farang

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Went here for a lunch with a colleague, had never been here before, I had just heard about the place that it was going to be good.
And if it was - splendid service and the food wasn't any worse. Clean tastes of everything - just really good.