US$224
All reviewsbob cowanhomemade jamscrepesprince edward countyroom suitean amazing hostincredible breakfastrestaurant reservationsquiet locationrisottobeach chairsglass of winetwo double bedsfantastic weekendevery morningsitting areaother guests
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The last three days have been so amazing and this B & B is a course the reason for it. From the beginning to the end, this B & B has impress me so much. Most part would be for the excellent host, Bob. This man let us feel like we would be visiting family. His amazing breakfast, which are so good, are all made with fresh, locally grown ingredients. What a chef!! I would recommend this B & B to anyone and I wish you gonna love it as much that I did.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica025_10
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend of Sept. 29th at this wonderful B&B. Bob is the most gracious host there is and so welcoming! We booked the Garden Room-quaint, charming, beautiful linens, comfortable bed, (I can go on forever!). Breakfast? Beyond what we expected and served of course with Bob's charm:-) The location is perfect as well. If you're planning a quiet getaway, look no further as this is the place to be. Looking forward to our visit with Bob next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sun&SandSeeker
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The fall colours were in full force this weekend in PEC and having such a wonderful place to stay made my weekend as perfect as perfect gets.
Breakfast far exceeded my expectations and after the most amazing sleep was a great way to start such a beautiful day.
Bob, the friendly host and proprietor, had lots of suggestions and recommendations for day tours throughout PEC; wineries, cheeses, beaches (a little cold but next year!), and ice cream!
I loved my trip to the countryside and The Miller's House was absolutely prefect.
Thank you and I will be back time and time again.
Peter

Room Tip: All the rooms looked wonderful. The Falls view is great with two double beds. The downstairs room is quite luxurious with a living room and fireplace... and brand new bathroom! The Attic room is cozy and quiet. The upstairs back bedroom is also big and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PeterBruceG
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This was my first stay at The Miller's House and I left thoroughly impressed and looking forward to returning again. Bob was welcoming and helpful from the first moment I arrived. It was late, and I was hungry. He made sure I didn't starve. And his generous extra care became a running theme as I was traveling on business and had long busy days. He took an interest in what I was doing and was so very helpful in providing resources and guiding me to people I should speak with during my visit. As for the accommodations... I had the pleasure of staying in "the suite". I can't recommend this room enough. It's gorgeous. Like having your own beautifully appointed apartment in the heart of the country. The en suite bathroom is stunning, a huge spa style shower, heated towels. (All the rooms have their own bathrooms which is a great feature.) And let's get to the real wow: the breakfasts. They are exquisite. Local heirloom tomatoes, farm fresh eggs, and bacon (see picture below)... and that's the third course. A beautifully arranged fruit plate is first, then fresh baking: muffins or biscuits... all accompanied by great coffee and more options than you can imagine for sweeteners, preserves, and chutneys. These little details make the stay extra special. Like when you return to The Miler's House after dinner... a bottle of lemoncello and a glass await, to provide a little nightcap. With such a wonderful, welcoming host (Bob feels like a great friend in no time!), and such comfortable and lovely accommodations... I won't stay anywhere else in Prince Edward County.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Have you ever stayed in a city like Boston or even London and you run into a local who asks you where you're staying? When you tell them the name of the hotel, have they ever asked you, "Oh... what did they serve for breakfast today?". No, I didn't think so. Why? Because it NEVER happens. Well, I can tell you that in Picton / Prince Edward County it happens. In fact, it happened twice in two random places. We told two people where we were staying and they asked, "What did Bob make for breakfast?". And we told them . I might even say there was enough of a pause in the conversation that gave enough time to illicit a knowing smile... and maybe allow some time for their mouths to water. Yes, his breakfasts are THAT good...

This was the second time we've stayed with Bob and, as odd as it may seem, it was like a homecoming. His ground floor suite was as spacious as any you'd find at the Fairmont with a new bathroom worthy of the best hotels in the world. There's enough room in the bathroom that you could have more than two people in there at once (not that we tried - it was a family trip!). The rainforest shower head is as good as they come and the toiletries are better than the Four Seasons (I'm not kidding). Bob knows how to do it right.

Our only regret is that we could only spend one night. My second regret is now posting a review on TripAdvisor because so many other people may go there that there may not be any room next time we come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family