We, like many others, chose Ko Samui as a mid way point for a small family holiday - 7 UK and Austrailan members. I had taken on the organisers role, recommending SBV to my in-laws as the place we should go to so I was very hopeful that we would have a great time and SBV would meet up with my expectations. And it did!
As with many other reviewers on this site, we found every single aspect of the service provided to be impeccable. Fiona, Luke, James & all the staff in the restaurant, all the ladies in the Spa (best massages of my life), our housekeepers, groundsmen, drivers etc worked tirelessly to ensure we all had the time of our lives. The villas were huge, beautifully maintained by our daily housekeepers, provided privacy from other guests and a welcome respite from the sultry weather. The food and waitstaff service was fantastic - we ate in the restaurant 80% of the time and did not come close to tiring of the extensive menu. The grounds are a delightful trove of tropical planting featuring many species I've never seen before, all kept trimmed and all paths swept for easy access.
The trip co-incided with my 40th b'day so my hubby (with help from family & SBV staff) organised a surprise party - fireworks on the beach, and a visit from the chef who cooked the most delicious dinner for us in our villa, making it one of the best b'day's I've ever had.
Now I am in the process of organising my Australian family for a trip next year - SBV is definately worth it!!!! Can't wait to get back to the daily massage!!!! Cheers, and thanks again to everyone at SBV esp the lovely Fiona! J, B & C
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand