“Awesome getaway”
Review of Shiva Samui

Shiva Samui
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Baan Banburee Villa which comfortably accommodated 8 adults. The villa was exactly as pictured, and did not disappoint. I would say the villa was perfect for group of traveling friends and would be suitable for family vacations. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I would like to commend the way the management/staff ensured that all our needs were catered to, but were also respectful of our privacy. Any issues were dealt with swiftly and without fuss.

What a trip! The experience was everything you expected and more. We cant wait to come back again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Khoa P,

We are thrilled to hear that you and all your friends had a fantastic stay at Baan Banburee - it really is a great villa for large families or groups of friends!

Our staff always try to ensure your privacy is respected but still ensure a 5* level or service and attention to detail - we are glad you feel the same.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again sooner rather than later!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I held my wedding here in March 2012 and was absolutely amazed at the service we continually received and the standard of the accommodation. We had 60 guests with us from young children to grand parents and everyone had a ball!!! Highly recommend SBV for all types of vacations and groups.

Staff/Service

All staff always willing to assist and if they couldnt they would find someone that could. We stayed for 1 week and got to know everyone from the security man to the owners which made myself and our guests feel like part of their SBV family :-) The mobile phone was very handy.

Fiona -customer relations officer: I couldnt be more thankful to have had a lady like this in charge of ensuring everyone's stay was great. She would always be in touch with me to check that everything was ok,she was very flexible in changing room types etc if needed and also took the stress away from me by allowing me to direct all my guests enquiries/concerns to her which was a blessing for a soon to be bride at the time.
Ray: One of the house keepers- Brilliant. SO friendly,happy to joke and did her job very well all at the same time. My family even wanted photo's with her because she was such a lovely/friendly/funny staff member who definately made our stay enjoyable an memorable one.

Accommodation-
VILLA'S - All Big (each family could have their own room as they all had a ensuite attached),Clean,fresh,modern,convenient, Private pool was great and a daily made with daily breakfast to top it off.
OCEAN ROOM
Convenient,clean and simple. Shared pool was convenient and breakfast was great however only served at the clubhouse unless you get room service.

Location- For me it was perfect,but it would depend on what you are there for. I was having my wedding and did not want to be right in the "hussle and bussle" but also did want to be too far away from it either so myself and my guests could go shopping/tours etc etc. It's a 15 min scooter/taxi ride from the Lamai and approx. 30-40 mins to Chaweng. ( personally i thought Lamai was better anyway)

Food-
Villa's:The breakfast was a very big quantity which was great to hold onto for snacking thoughout the day. The food was always fresh.
Club house: The food here was of good standard and always fresh. The staff very accommodating. As we had such a large group of guests on a special package the clubhouse was quite full and busy however the team at SBV made a "buffet style" arrangement specifically to cater to our group and also allowed more convenience for other guests who were staying at the resort also.

Transport- Very easy to get the staff to arrange buses,

Hopefully,by this stage if have read all my comments above you will realise that SBV comes highly recommended from myself, my friends and family. In fact the trip to Samui was my grandmother who is 79 first time out of Australia and she was very sceptical however she keeps asking the family to take her back there.... I can't wait to go back there for our 1 year anniversary and to see the team again.Definately think that whether you want to go with your partner,honeymoon,wedding,holiday,family vacation or a bunch of friends that SBV would be the ideal place to stay in Koh Samui.

P.s- It was nice getting to meet the owners and see their passion in the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M

Hi Sarah M,

Thank you for your amazingly detailed review of Samui Beach Village! It is greatly appreciated that you took the time to cover all aspects of your stay and we would also like to say thank you for such wonderful words about Samui Beach Village!

We are over the moon that all of our staff made your wedding day, your stay (as well as your family and friends) exceptional. Creating an amazing and unforgettable day is all we aim to do.

Look forward to seeing you both for your 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

the villas are very nice clean and big and give good privacy the staff are friendly but food and sevice is not up to standard resort is fair way away from beach and beach is not a swimming beach, were you eat is next to creek lots of mosquitos and can be very unpleasant,they need more activities and enterainment for famillies overall the villas are great but the resort lets them down would not recommend to those looking for resort atmosphere

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed at Baan Tawan villa in the first week of June'12. The property is superb, well maintained & we enjoyed the stay. Though the services to the villa were a bit slow and would require reminders. I guess its a huge property and the staff is not adequate. But all in all the villa is just perfect.
Mitul Patel
Baroda,India

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We booked Samui Beach Village to celebrate my father's 60th Birthday. There were 6 adults and 6 children and we stayed in Villa Astasia. Our stay at SBV was amazing. The villa was perfect for the size of our group and each family had their own large room with ensuite, the private pool was brilliant and the daily maid service enabled all of our guests to fully unwind. We thought that we would be self-catering however, with the complimentary breakfast set up in the villa at 8am each day and the reasonably priced/great food on offer via room service/restaurant at SBV meant that we did not cook for ourselves once! The staff are very helpful and if there were any problems they were dealt with efficiently. On the night of my Dad's Birthday SBV had arranged a private chef, Birthday cake and a brilliant fireworks display which bought a tear to my Father's eye - SBV couldn't have been a more perfect place to celebrate. Thank you to Luke, Fiona and all of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear West17,

So great to hear that Fiona, Luke and all the staff made your stay and your Father's 60th birthday special! Thank you for letting us organise such a special celebration.

Baan Astasia is definitely a great villa for families and friends or large groups - we're pleased to hear it suited your holiday and group needs perfectly.

We hope you come back and visit us soon and enjoy more of our delicious food, stunning beach and exceptional service!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laem Set
6.4 km away
Beach Republic The Residences
Beach Republic The Residences
#4 of 51 in Lamai Beach

Been to Shiva Samui? Share your experiences!