Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$108
View deal
Expedia.comUS$109
Hotels.comUS$109
PricelineUS$108
TravelocityUS$109
Orbitz.comUS$109
eDreamsUS$108
All reviews coffee machine included in the price well equipped gym breakfast and dinner underground parking basement
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2019 via mobile

Centrally situated, walking distance to the centre of town.
Nice rooms, I got one with large bathroom and sitting area. Parking is available indoors for an extra fee, very convenient.
Had the opportunity to use the gym, it is well equipped there is also a sauna, also another located on the roof terrace.

As a guest you get a free evening special in the restaurant, a selection of salads, soup and main course. All included in the room price.
Staff is friendly and service minded, at the reception and also in the restaurant.

Good value for money.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank cmv_nordahl
Helen H, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Slottsparken, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Dear cmv_nordahl,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

You are welcome back at anytime.

Reviewed 12 October 2019

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel at Ostersund last year and so decided to stay here for six nights, from 3/10 to 9/10, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel is nicely situated for the local attractions - just over the road from the Castle and Cathedral museum, the Cathedral, St Lars Church and a short ride on the number 13 bus to Gamla Linkoping and the aircraft museum. (The latter two we would advise to visit on separate days as there is a lot to see and do). Evening meals are included and we ate there on four of our six nights. (We ate out to celebrate our wedding anniversary and at relations on another evening). The chef deserves a special mention as he was so helpful, friendly and polite when one meal had contents we are allergic to. We discussed options with him and he, very happily, adapted the contents to make a suitable meal. Not only that, he brought the meals to our table personally and returned later to ask if everything was alright, which it was, excellent, and then he took our plates away. Can't get any better than that ! Couldn't see Gordon Ramsay doing that :) The meals and breakfasts were very good and there was plenty of choice for the latter. We had a room on the first floor (117) which was very spacious and clean but let down by the ridiculously small wardrobe. We had to remove the ironing board to get all our clothes in but only a minor inconvenience. There was some noise from traffic and inconsiderate guests along the corridor. I would have like to have given a full five stars but due to some unfortunate, and unnecessary , incidents I regret I cannot. When we were entering our room one evening a guest from the room opposite opened her door (dangerously outward opening) and it slammed straight into my lower back, causing bruising. During breakfast, tea/coffee had been spilled onto the tiled floor beneath the tea/coffee machines, rendering the floor extremely slippery. Unfortunately the staff hadn't wiped it up and I didn't notice it and slipped, banging my right forearm on the hard worktop. The staff quickly brought me some ice, wrapped in a cloth, which I placed on my arm and it reduced the bruising and swelling. Unfortunately, after this my arm was trapped in the lift door, which closed prematurely as I was getting in. These incidents, compounded, made for several very painful days of holiday ! Had it not been for this I would happily have given five stars and we would still recommend staying here.

Room tip: Opposite side to the road if you are a light sleeper.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank bodie1952
Helen H, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Slottsparken, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Dear Bodie1952,

Thank you for our very nice and detailed review.

I am especially happy to read how well the staff has taken care of you. I am sorry to read about the bruising and the slippery floor. I will definitely look into it.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

A hotel with Double saunas and a dinner buffet for free for hotel guests.

The hotel is located near the city hall, church and a castle museum.

The hotel has two saunas one in the basement in the same room as the giant gym. The other one is located in the top floor with a view over a small park. The top floor has two showers and a jacuzzi outside. The jacuzziwater is hot. For me enough to not freeze in a typical Swedish weather.

The lounge area and the restaurant is very nice and cozy.

Plus - Rituals soap and shower gel.
- good buffet and great breakfast.
- large, fresh gym and the coldpool.
- two saunas and the jacuzzi

Staff was ok.

Minus - the soundproof between the rooms and the hall isn’t the best. Earpluggs wouldnt be an bad Idea for those WHO are easily woked up. Especially when the garbage truck arrives sometime around 06.00-07.00 to empty the restaurants glasbottles.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Helen H, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Slottsparken, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2019

Dear Jakob S,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and yes we are a hotel for saunalovers.

Next time you stay with us, just ask for earplugs at the front desk.

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at the Slottsparken hotel as we were attending the BAO concert nearby.
Our room was comfortable,quiet and modern. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the evening buffet which was included in the room rate. Free coffee and cake were also available in the lobby.
All the staff were very pleasant.
Loved the fact that they have a bench outside the hotel which you can listen to ABBA songs played through a speaker to mark the spot where Benny and Björn met in 1966. There is also some information about the meeting inside the hotel.

Its only a short walk to the main square where there are pleasant eateries and bars.
If you have a car its cheaper to park in the multi story across the road than in the hotels car park.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank abbafan
Helen H, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Slottsparken, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2019

Dear Abbafan

I am glad you ejoyed your stay in the hotel. You def stayed in the right hotel being a n ABBA fan.

Helen - General Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at this hotel with the family in a couple of rooms.
The staff at this location are very friendly and the were very helpful with everything.
The smorgasbord breakfast was fantastic with a selection that was awesome. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cjchandler66
Helen H, Hotelldirektör at Clarion Collection Hotel Slottsparken, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Dear cjchandler66,

Thank you for kind words about our hotel, I will spread your words among my colleagues.