“Nice atmosphere and good food and wine”
Review of Frenchi

Frenchi
Ranked #34 of 370 Restaurants in Uppsala
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I have visited both the inside and the outside (in the summer). Nice atmosphere and the food is good (although portions are sometimes small).
They have good sweets as well.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here with my wife on a Friday. Table booked at 20.00. The setting and atmosphere is very nice. Also very nice and attentive staff.

Took the tasting menu and a wine of my liking. I would say the pricing is a bit on the high side but it’s is ok.

The food was great although they had a hard time to manage keeping the food warm enough so we made a small remark. They where fast to pick this up and also made a instant discount (which we never asked for).

The restaurant changes a bit into more lounge bar with a dj around 22. It gets more noisy and younger (I.e. sub 25) people also comes for a drink which we found was nice. So you can definitely stay here for dinner as well as for a drink or two.

Worth a visit for dinner or just drinks! As a couple or a party of up to 6 I’d say.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Horrible cold and wet outside, this first floor (one above ground, that is) bar and restaurant provided a cosy and pleasant environment for a meeting between two old friends.The double tables were taken when I arrived at 6pm, though the 4s and 5s were available. Nice ambience - quiet and low-lit - friendly service, good food and some excellent wine.

My friend had: crispy tuna, melon, broccoli, ponzu mayonnaise, cashew nuts, avocado noodles; I had veal entrecôte Bordelaise, sesame, haricot
verts, sauce bordelaise, tarragon aioli, pickled shiitake, rice fritters with gruyère.

The food was beautifully presented, fragrant and delicious. There's a very good selection of interesting starters and mains and good wines by bottle and glass - I had a red one with Motorcycle in the name (I forget the rest) which was terrific.

The early doubles customers were gone by 7.30 or so, and one or two groups of four had come in, but it was pretty peaceful this winter Wednesday evening. Inclduing three G&Ts beforehand, the bill was just over SEK1,000 about Euro 107, GBP 84, USD 131; not cheap, but pretty much par for the course in Sweden, I think.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We ordered tuna (which didn't taste anything), entrêcote (which was dry) and chicken (which was both dry and tasteless). The sides were good though.

We liked the decoration and the fact that even if you visit Frenchi as a couple you'll have a table that's not the smallest one in history.

Prices are ok.

Sorry to say that the service was terroble and the staff worked really slow.

We won't come back.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I had veal, meat was perfect. Rice fritters and Gruyere sauce delicious. But the combination with salty and pickled vegetables did not match to create a unity. The dish was not tasty despite the ingredients.

The menu is weird, nothing gave me confidence. Will not go again.