“Cosy place with decent Italian food and drinks”
Review of Basilico

Basilico
Ranked #34 of 372 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I was invited to this restaurant and had enjoyable time there. Not only Italian food and drinks, but quite Italian atmosphere in general as well, including some native staff with corresponding conduct and gestures. I liked artistically laid on plates food... what was rather good-tasting as well. My fellows had an Italian beer which seemed tolerable, I had Valpolicella Superiore Vigne Nuove -- easy-drinking red wine, which I would really recommend to pair with light food of the kitchen.
For dessert I got a lovely tiramisu, which tasted soft and fresh, no matter if it really had marsala wine or mascarpone in, or not.
My advice is to try this place yourself!

1  Thank Mart K

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This is one of my local haunts, as we live around the corner. Don't know what the upstairs is like, but the downstairs dining room is quaint with red checkered tablecloths and candles. Although it looks intimate, the tables are close to each other and the waiters are quite ebullient, so it is romantic in a loud Italian kind of way! It is nearly always very busy, so most nights we get takeout and eat at home. But the food is good and the pizzas are authentic Italian-style and really really great! My fave is the prosciutto with ruccola and sundried tomato paste. Yum!!

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I had a cannelloni that was quite tasteless and the amount of food left me hungry.
My familymember had a pizza that seemed to be better. I wouldn't recommend this place as a great pasta bar.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Nothing can be finer than to get served by Carolina in the evening! Well, I took liberties with that old song and my apologies to Neil Diamond but in Basilico make sure your server is Carolina and you will “get my drift.” She adds real personality to a terrific restaurant. We were just walking around and entered because the restaurant’s bottom floor appeared quaint and full of regulars. We presumed they made delicious Italian
food and we presumed correct.

There were no English menus (this is never a turn off for us) but immediately Carolina said if we took a seat she would help us. We took a really nice window seat for two, had a glass of wine and Carolina pulled up a chair and basically acted like a little sister who has happy to familiarize you with a small town she had recently moved to. Anyway, we ordered bruschetta, ok I was surprised that there was but one piece, but it was excellent! We also had the Delizie di Mare and Maiale con Gorgonzola. The portions were large and both were expertly prepared. When we left we were stuffed, happy, and felt we had made a friend.

It is rare that I choose an Italian restaurant outside of Italy but I highly recommend Basilico. It is a quaint, friendly, authentic Italian restaurant that serves up excellent food. Thanks for your help Carolina!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Uppsala (and Sweden generally) is a pretty expensive place to eat out, so it was good to find this restaurant which provided good, hearty Italian food (if not exactly cutting edge) at very reasonable prices by local standards. Portions were very large - I ordered one of the chicken dishes and expected to get one breast, but actually got two, and they were a good size. The service was very good. The location is also very nice, opposite the Linnaeus museum. If possible I would have rated it 3.5.

1  Thank Phil H