“Great brunch in Uppsala ”

Kitchen & Table Uppsala
Ranked #15 of 367 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Kitchen & Table has a great brunch concept with that added bonus of coziness - good spread, great location and amazing waffles (that you’ll have to prepare yourself).

Price wise it’s decent at 275:- and apparently they do have an offer at 325:- (a glass of hipster-y ecological bubbles) which we were never offered... I just don’t know why...

Will I return?

IN A HEARTBEAT!

#UppsalaBrunchClub

Rebeca M, other at Kitchen & Table Uppsala, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hi Mats!
Than you so much for your review!
Hope to see you soon again, the waffles are waiting for you ;)
Have a great day /Rebeca

Reviewed 8 November 2017

A quiet evening but the atmosphere was just right and the 'comfort food' we chose at the end of a chilly though bright afternoon did its job admirably. Would go again if the chance arose.

Rebeca M, Restaurant Manager at Kitchen & Table Uppsala, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Hi Ballastplough!
Thanks a million times for your kind words about our restaurant!
We are so happy that we were a part of a great afternoon for you.
Have a great day and welcome back/Rebeca

Reviewed 18 September 2017

During a recent stay at the Clarion, we had the breakfast buffet included in our hotel room. The breakfast ends at 10:30 (to make way for the brunch service), so we made our way to the buffet around 9:50. At this point, nearly all of the buffet trays were completely picked over and mostly empty. Occasionally, staff would begrudgingly refill eggs or pancakes, but there was almost no fruits, cheese or salmon to be had. It was super disappointing as I have had breakfast at other Clarion's in Sweden, and it is usually quite nice. Here, it is apparent the brunch crowd takes priority and hotel guests are an afterthought. In Uppsala, I'd recommend staying at the Radisson Blu and having their breakfast instead!

Rebeca M, Restaurant Manager at Kitchen & Table Uppsala, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hi Tdot90.
Than you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback!
We are so sorry to have left you feeling that the brunch is prioritised over our breakfast.
We take much pride in our breakfast, and want to give our guest the best start possible! This time we obviously failed to deliver, I will make sure to talk to our breakfast manager so that this won´t happen again!
We of course want to get a chance to give you a better experience, if you email me your adres I´d be happy to send you some breakfast vouchers!

Have a great day /Rebeca rebeca.maksoud@choice.se

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was really looking forward to this one as I've wanted to try a Marcus Samuelsson restaurant and we happened to wander by this place while we were checking out the town. As we were there on a Sunday they only served brunch but we figured, the more food for us to try.
I wish we had gone to the place down the street:(
We had the meatballs, scrambled eggs, bacon, mac n cheese, some pulled chicken concoction, salad, cold cuts and sliced bread. I'm so sad to say that with the exception of the bacon and chicken it was so bland, it was really nothing special.
Now I realize buffets may not be the best way to judge a place and it may be amazing to go when you can have an actual dinner, unfortunately, the buffet doesn't make me want to go back and try again.
That being said, if I ever wander by another Marcus Samuelsson restaurant again, I'll be trying it out.

Rebeca M, Restaurant manager at Kitchen & Table Uppsala, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hi Anna, I´m sorry to hear that you were dissapointed at our brunch!
As you say we don´t spice the food as much when it´t comes to the buffet as it is supposed to fit everyone, but it should not taste bland!
I will make sure tat the kitchen gets to to hear your points so that we can become better!
I hope to will reconsider and try us again!

Have a lovely day /Rebeca

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Very nice choice of food ranging from the run of the mill Scandinavian fare to other food you would probably be glad to see at a breakfast.

Three things that are still missing for me, peanut butter for the bagels, Strawberry jam (my preference to have with the peanut butter) and maple syrup for the waffles.

Rebeca M, Restaurant manager at Kitchen & Table Uppsala, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hi Franklioni!
Thank you for your input!
We are happy that you found our brunch satisfying all tho you missed the peanut butter.
As we are a palm oil free hotel chain, we have had trouble to find a peanut butter that´s free from palm oil.
But at son as we find a good product we will add it to the buffet, because we miss it to!
As for the other products we will consider adding them as well.

Have a great day/Rebeca