“Favourite restaurant in Sello”
Review of Il Gabbiano

Il Gabbiano
Ranked #128 of 194 Restaurants in Espoo
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Open: Mo 11-20, Tu-Fr 11-21, Sa 12-21, Su 12-19
Description: Open: Mo 11-20, Tu-Fr 11-21, Sa 12-21, Su 12-19
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Have been there now for five times. Like it a lot better than other Sello restaurants. My favourite dish is the oven baked Pollo Carbonara. Staff seems to be mostly Italian. Service is not perfect but it is ok and has gotten better as they recognize our faces.There is also a small play corner for kids which is important for our family.

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Very good pasta at Sello shopping centre. Towards the end of lunch time, fast delivery, although some stuff like bread/sallad/water had run out, but I got them when asked for. Ambience is ok, with ecoing from hard surfaces. Less nice is the darkness of the place. OK place for lunch though. Especially when in need for pasta before a (half) marathon.

1  Thank Kintus P
Reviewed 2 March 2015

I have visited here quite many times to have dinner with friends or a romantic dinner with my husband. Last time I visited here was on January with a big company of friends.
I like the food, the risotto was excellent. The pizzas are quite good and pastas too, the pasta I have tasted here was the oven baked pasta.
In my opinion the pasta and pizza prices are reasonable but beefs and the others are way too expensive for the quality.
The service is a bit slow and not that good but the staff is very friendly.
I wouldn´t go here for lunch but for a pizza or pasta before going to the movies or while shopping, definetly will go again.

2  Thank pisangia
Reviewed 19 December 2014

Came for lunch with a friend. It was our first time there. We had the overall impression that it is an Italian restaurant. The lunch menu was very limited. We ordered two different kind of steaks. I would say that they were both so average in taste and presentation. The salad selection that was included in the meal was very poor in quality. I would rather say, so minimal effort put into the salad section. Ambiance? So, so. I would say I was quite disappointed. I expected so much more. I do not know if I would come back and give their pasta menu a try. It is a risk I have to take. Tip: dine at your own risk.

Reviewed 17 December 2014 via mobile

Good food and very friendly service. Perhaps a bit too expensive compared to the food quality. I liked the atmosphere in the restaurant.